By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fallout 4 Digital Sales Estimated at 1.8m in First Three Days

Lawlight said:
Blob said:

Not at all. Just that there are fewer people willing to fill up their tiny console hard drive with massive games than is sometimes stated. Especially when many people don't have amazing internet. 

I also think that physical games are so easily available that, why not get them? Odds are that people will pass by a gaming shop at least once during a week. Still though, it depends on the game. Super Data says that GTAV was at 7% while Destiny was at 17% on consoles.

Well yeah I'm in agreance. I could see this 600k being around 15% of total fallout sales. I just notice people using number sold + digital these days, like the digital amount will be some crazy high % that will save the game from dissapointing sales. 

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
jason1637 said:

If a game manages to sell over a million i wont consider it niche anymore.

Do you know what niche means? It means that it specializes in a certain market. The Souls games are for people that are looking for challenging games, that is the niche market, and the reason it sold 1 million is because that market has become bigger over time but it is still a specialized market, a niche game.

Most people use niche as a specific small market. Because if we go by the definition you gave cod is niche to fps fans.

jason1637 said:
Ali_16x said:

Do you know what niche means? It means that it specializes in a certain market. The Souls games are for people that are looking for challenging games, that is the niche market, and the reason it sold 1 million is because that market has become bigger over time but it is still a specialized market, a niche game.

Most people use niche as a specific small market. Because if we go by the definition you gave cod is niche to fps fans.

Except the FPS market is not niche, it's not small at all. There are hardly any games like the Souls series which give players a challenging experience.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
jason1637 said:

Except the FPS market is not niche, it's not small at all. There are hardly any games like the Souls series which give players a challenging experience.

Your contradicting yourself. You said niche mean specializes in a certain market. So I said cod has a niche to fps. You probably meant specializes at a certain market thats smasll.

Blob said:
Lawlight said:

I also think that physical games are so easily available that, why not get them? Odds are that people will pass by a gaming shop at least once during a week. Still though, it depends on the game. Super Data says that GTAV was at 7% while Destiny was at 17% on consoles.

Well yeah I'm in agreance. I could see this 600k being around 15% of total fallout sales. I just notice people using number sold + digital these days, like the digital amount will be some crazy high % that will save the game from dissapointing sales. 

I always say that 15-20% is a high range, and 25% is the extremely high water mark (for AAA console titles).

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Ali_16x said:

Your contradicting yourself. You said niche mean specializes in a certain market. So I said cod has a niche to fps. You probably meant specializes at a certain market thats smasll.

You're right, I did mean a specialized market. And with that, the FPS is not a specialized market in the gaming industry, it's a norm. And if you new what I meant you should have corrected me before saying CoD was a niche game.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
jason1637 said:

You're right, I did mean a specialized market. And with that, the FPS is not a specialized market in the gaming industry, it's a norm. And if you new what I meant you should have corrected me before saying CoD was a niche game.

Ok mybad.

So about 600k on consoles from ???

DAT 90% digital.