By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It’s About Time We Cut Microsoft Some Slack

Tagged games:

To tell the truth everyone is praising Microsoft right now, and even though the Xbox One reveal was awful, everything was quickly forgiven after the numerous 180s. I have the impression that the contrary is true, some questionable (for me at least) things like lack of exclusives outside of holiday period, porting of said exclusives to PC, shady and unclear PR messages and so on are easily swept under the rug.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
JRPGfan said:

^ basically the same.

Today when people say they bought a Xbox One, its not like they go "I just bought a Xbox one dispite how bad their launch was".

Its already written off by more or less every avg joe that buys a xbox one. So total slack already given.

Article seems like it was written by a biased xbox user :p

Dude you keep posting over and over in this thread. We got it you do not think Xbox One needs more slack but you should be slacking a bit of repeating it over and over. Did you even read the OP, I do not believe so.

A lot of website are effectively biased now and you are proving it with your first post. They are sticking on the original vision from Microsoft (which was not a bad or evil one as you picture it).

Why would reading change a preset mind?

People still pound on about that reveal?
I thought it was done long time ago, policies changed, peripherals dropped, prices lowered...

I doubt that a single person this Black Friday will say: "Nope, not buying XOne because they planned to have it always online 30 months ago!"

I will not buy it simply because I don't have time for two consoles and PS4 games interest me more.
But there are plenty of people who prefer Halo or Gears over Uncharted or Bloodborne. Those people certainly don't dwell on Kinect that stopped being mandatory 18 months ago.

I completely agree with him.This is actually the first time im tempted to buy a microsoft console.(tempted, but i dont have the money lol)Not just because the made a 180 with their internal policies about the future of gaming since XOne reveal, but the upcomming games seems extremely exciting.Recore, Scalebound, even the indies seems extremely good.I gotta hand it to you Phil.You have done a great work.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Imaginedvl said:

Dude you keep posting over and over in this thread. We got it you do not think Xbox One needs more slack but you should be slacking a bit of repeating it over and over. Did you even read the OP, I do not believe so.

A lot of website are effectively biased now and you are proving it with your first post. They are sticking on the original vision from Microsoft (which was not a bad or evil one as you picture it).

Mainstream media has never ever been biased against the Xbox brand, from it's first generation to even now.  The bias has largely always been biased for it, I'd like to see examples where there's any kind of slack it hasn't been given.  Seriously.  All it's hate comes from the consumers themselves.  

Around the Network

Cut Microsoft some slack? I thought that has been happening already?

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

A copy and pasted thread about someone else's opinion. With no personal opinion from OP about said opinion.

*mind blown gif*

What are we discussing now?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

To be fair the XOne is exactly were its suposed to be, I mean the X360 was as sucessfull as it was cause PS3 screwed up badly, but Sony and the Playstation brand have an enormous following datting back to the PS1 days, as soon as ppl saw the PS4 was great they went back to Playstation, the fact that the One sells as well as it does despite the fact that ppl were just waiting an oportunity to return to Sony is an achievement for MS and a testament of what they managed to buil on the OGXbox and Xbox360 days.

pbroy said:
A copy and pasted thread about someone else's opinion. With no personal opinion from OP about said opinion.

*mind blown gif*

What are we discussing now?

Someone elses opinion.  :::mind blown:::

My interest in ps4 and XboxOne is somewhat even at the moment. Glad they didn't go for the ban on used games, as I buy a large part of my games not developed by Nintendo used. I liked the backwards compatability announcement as I have a lot of Xbox360 games, and my 360 broke like 2 times. However, it's a shame that only a few title are available and that they don't run from the disc.

In the end the games will decide it for me. Mainly interested in Witcher 3, Dragon Age and Shadow of Mordor so far but of course they're all multiplats. I love Platinum games so Scalebound might persuade me to get an Xbox, although they did say it wouldn't be as action oriented.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx