By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XB1 Star Wars 720p/Solid 60fps (Gamrsyde)

walsufnir said:
Game looks amazing on either console but the sacrifices are obvious.

I've only played the beta on PS4, but imo this is the best looking game I've ever played on console (even at 900p).  The game is so visually immersive, I really have nothing I could complain about.  Am I the only one that thinks this?  It's looks like the game is straight out of a star wars movie.

Around the Network
teigaga said:

The game visually shits on almost everything out there on any platform, why is anyone surprised its 720p on X1?

Graphics are more then resolution.

totally agree, it's pretty amazing looking

jlmurph2 said:
And they say that devs aren't being pressured into 1080p. While we already know that the Xbox One can hit higher resolutions, people are somehow stuck in 2013.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Looking at Dice, they haven't really shown any signs of pressure to do 1080p on either console.  What they have done however is made real strides in performance on both consoles.  

CosmicSex said:
jlmurph2 said:
And they say that devs aren't being pressured into 1080p. While we already know that the Xbox One can hit higher resolutions, people are somehow stuck in 2013.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Looking at Dice, they haven't really shown any signs of pressure to do 1080p on either console.  What they have done however is made real strides in performance on both consoles.  

I know that Dice hasn't since BF4 is the same situation. But when a game comes out 1080p with massive framerate drops, it's obvious that 1080p was the focus instead of performance. It needs to stop being the case.

jlmurph2 said:
CosmicSex said:

I know that Dice hasn't since BF4 is the same situation. But when a game comes out 1080p with massive framerate drops, it's obvious that 1080p was the focus instead of performance. It needs to stop being the case.

Do you mean like Fallout 4?  Well, I think that the problem with that game is that its using a last gen engine period that hasn't been updated in quite some time.  Still, looking at Fallout's sales, you have to wonder if they felt the need to spend the money?

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
CosmicSex said:

And yet sub-1080p games seem to have performance issues just as often. If you don't personally put any value in IQ then that's completely fine, but pointing your finger at it and going 'booo, i don't care about this specific variable so it must be worse than all the others!' is just silly. When a game has performance issues, it's a collective balancing and optimization issue. Sometimes an IQ cut is correct, and other times it's not even relevant (such as with fallout 4).

So, what do we know? 8th gen consoles can't do 1080p / 60fps if you are trying to push the graphics envelope.

So, when a developer comes out and says "Our AAA game will be 1080p/60fps on console(s)" what should we be thinking? Hmmm, this game isn't going to look all that good because they've made a lot of sacrifices to get to those numbers.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
So, what do we know? 8th gen consoles can't do 1080p / 60fps if you are trying to push the graphics envelope.

So, when a developer comes out and says "Our AAA game will be 1080p/60fps on console(s)" what should we be thinking? Hmmm, this game isn't going to look all that good because they've made a lot of sacrifices to get to those numbers.

Well 1080p/60 fps can still look really good or even great. I mean Forza 5 is amongst the best looking games doing on X1 doing it. PS4 games like Metro, Advanced Warfare, and MGSV look great as well.

At the very least, I'm glad 1080p/60 fps games can still look vastly superior than last gen's best looking titles.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I was really disappointed when I clicked on that. I know YouTube does a bunch of compression, but it looked bad!

(Then I realized I was looking at 540p at 30 FPS- ha ha)

But when I went to 720p60 it looks pretty nice. Still some compression and probably looks better in real life.

I know 720p is disappointing, but it does upscale nicely.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

It will only get worse with time... as games get more advanced graphically I expect even the PS4 to start doing 900p on 30fps games and the XB1 to do 720p with these 30fps.

At least in this case the game is almost a solid 60fps.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won