By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict 3DS and Wii U sales by end of 2015 and LT

Nautilus said:
Mummelmann said:

Remember, all three companies usually report figures we refer to as shipped though, they were probably talking about shipped numbers, which means sold to retailer, which is still a sale for Nintendo but not a product that has found its end user.
Sony and Microsoft operate with shipped numbers as well, it's the industry standard in almost every press event and info piece.

Well, I cant seem to find now an article about the quarter report, but I was under the impression, and still am, that those are sold to costumer numbers, not shipped.Well, even if they are shipped, Wii U numbers shouldnt be that much low, probably gravitating around 10.4 million.Vgchartz is still accurate either way

Yeah, they're not off by a huge margin at any rate. PS4 and One are likely to have much bigger inventory on shelves so the difference between shipped and sold to customers there is a lot bigger in most cases.

Around the Network

I think waiting to see what bundles come would be smarter, but for now I will predict:

3DS: 61.5m end of year/75m lifetime.
Wii U: 14m end of year/19m lifetime.

RingoGaSuki said:
I think waiting to see what bundles come would be smarter, but for now I will predict:

3DS: 61.5m end of year/75m lifetime.
Wii U: 14m end of year/19m lifetime.

Have you seen the charts on the front page? This would mean that the 3DS needs a 765k weekly average until January 1st, last holidays saw a 727k peak week with two weeks in total over 700k. It has been down yoy, by quite a bit at that. Last year's average was around 477k, it would need almost 300k more in weekly average for this to happen, which is roughly 65-67% up yoy for a console that has been down a fair bit despite a hardware revision launching in the West.

The Wii U needs a near 390k average weekly to manage 14 million by year's end, that's actually about 90 above its peak week last holidays and an incredible amount above the 187k average last year, more than double.

May I ask what lead you to these figures? I agree with the lifetime figures though, but it makes little sense for them both to gain such incredible momentum and immense you growth this holiday, only for them both to basically die down completely after new year's.