By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is a Super Smash Bros. 4 Limited Edition re-release on any Nintendo console still that far-fetch ?

Will Super Smash Bros.4 get a re-release with all the DLC content on ANY Nintendo console ?

Nope, not gona happen. 49 44.55%

Yes, hopefully in the next 10 or so years 30 27.27%

It's PlayStation All-Stars you ignorant 5 4.55%

See Results 26 23.64%

Total:110

It seems kinda obvious that Smash 4 has the most diverse roster whe've ever seen in the series history and honestly I  can't really see many other Third Party major characters to be added and even if there are some remaining it isn't guaranteed that those that were introduced in Smash 4 will return as you can tell from the lack of Solid Snake...

So this is probably one of the best possibilities Nintendo has and will ever have to re-release a Limited Edition of Smash 4 including ALL the DLC characters/stages/costumes. It doesn't really matter if it's released on the Wii U to fill some droughts ,even if 2016's first half looks pretty promising, on the 3DS to get some extra milion sales or the NX to fill the gap until Smash 5 (which btw should probably start it's development very soon if it hasn't already started ).

What do you think ? Will Nintendo re-release Smash 4 ? would you like them to do so ? When will we get the Cloud Amiibo ?

Around the Network

I don't know. Depending on what they'll say in December, Nintendo might make a Special NX Edition, with all the content and DLC avalible from the beginning. If they wanted to make a full new Smash, they'd have to start now, and Sakurai wants to work on other things.

Also, a good question is, when will the 3DS be discontinued? I can see Nintendo supporting both WiiU and NX versions, but the 3DS one is quickly becoming a hindrance. We could recover the Pokemon Trainer, the Ice Climbers, and other characters like that the moment the 3DS version gets dropped, but they have pushed it as much as the WiiU version.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Why they would that!? They will just release Smash Bros 5 same like Mario Kart 9.

I'd really like to see Nintendo re-release a lot of its titles with all the DLC included on the disc/cart, but so far it doesn't seem like the company has much interest in doing so. Outside of the New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U double pack, which isn't exactly the same since Luigi U is a standalone expansion that also received a separate retail release, I can't recall Nintendo creating a base game + DLC re-release like many other companies have done.

It would be nice though. I'd likely buy a complete edition of Mario Kart 8, even though I already own both the base game and the two DLC packs, and it'd certainly increase my interest in things like Hyrule Warriors and Mario Golf: World Tour.

I've been saying it's inevitable. There's no way the NX will get a smash bros, not when so much is invested in this one and is still getting content. They will re-release it for NX, as an ultimate edition with all content, and it will include the 3ds stages, possibly smash run and more.

But quote me on this and save it, "THERE WILL BE NO NEW SMASH BROS FOR NX"

I'm not going to argue with anyone either.

Around the Network

On *any* Nintendo console? Sure, maybe a GOTY edition for the Wii U and the 3DS

twintail said:
I dont think NX will get a Smash that soon. I think a a re-release for NX makes sense.
MK not so much since I am sure they devs started that already. Splatoon, probably also. Depends what plans they have for a sequel.

Of Course, Wii U was get Smash Bros 2 years after launch, 3DS 3 years after launch, there is no reason why NX couldn't get 2-3 year after launch, 2018-2019. So why they re-release Smash for NX, what's a point of 2 smash games on one platform!? People forgetting that Mario Kart, Smash Bros and now Splatoon, are one game per generation franchises.

Nah Nintendo will announce Smash for NX and then Sakurai will be all O_O Then he will jump on board because its his baby and nobody else is allowed to lead the project
In all honesty I hope they do a Street Fighter IV with Smash Bros 4 and just continue to support it on NX and let Sakurai do other stuff.

Miyamotoo said:
twintail said:
I dont think NX will get a Smash that soon. I think a a re-release for NX makes sense.
MK not so much since I am sure they devs started that already. Splatoon, probably also. Depends what plans they have for a sequel.

Of Course, Wii U was get Smash Bros 2 years after launch, 3DS 3 years after launch, there is no reason why NX couldn't get 2-3 year after launch, 2018-2019. So why they re-release Smash for NX, what's a point of 2 smash games on one platform!? People forgetting that Mario Kart, Smash Bros and now Splatoon, are one game per generation franchises.

Well that was never stated, honestly I could very well see two Splatoon games per generation, one around the second year and another by the end of the console's lifecycle especially knowing how fast the development for Splatoon went and considering from now on the game modes that are in the game will be canon with just little adjustments... The only thing Nintendo said was that they don't really do yearly releases such as COD but from that to saying that there won't be more than one Splatoon on a console there is a pretty big difference...

Maybe there will be an NX port if there isn't some sort of BC for it? A complete version could be tempting for people to jump in, especially with characters like Ryu and Cloud included.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread