By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Revisited: "Nintendo fans are predictable" - Now in compliance with forum rules

This theory makes...

...perfect sense. 41 55.41%

...me feel conflicted. 13 17.57%

Scoreboard 20 27.03%

Total:74

The main purpose of the Direct is to give further information to games that have already been announced, as well as new games. And this was exactly the case for this Direct as well. A lot of info on games that have been announced (though many don't really care) as well as new info, which, for the most part was pretty good..

But yes, it was definitely quite standard, so I would rate it average, which is 6-7/10

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

So the main events of this Direct was a Remaster, DLCs and games that are not out for another year. Are we sure this wasn't a Sony press conference?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Smash bros is a good game, im hyped when new character comes, so yes that determines if its good or not. then a major Nintendo IP. then some cool new games to show off, in E3 we didnt really see an exciting game that we havent seen before

maybe some believe the big guns are coming at E3, so they werent expecting much from this direct. I know i believe

StarOcean said:
I'm mostly hyped for the RPGs on the 3DS for next year especially DQ7&8 <3 as for the Wii U, it's got, Cloud and... Zelda, next year, hopefully

pretty much this and fire emblem.

zelda for me was the least exciting thing cause it was expected.

Around the Network

Pretty much. They had a nice Direct early in the year and everything after that has been awful.

You are kind of leaving the fact that, in E3, you are expected to compete with other companies for press attention and gamer cred. For the fanbases it's pretty much a dick measuring contest. Nintendo fans, I think, might had ended up feeling shortchanged?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

direct was fine to me

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Nintendo had been so unbelievably shite for the prior 7 months that it's a relief for them to get something right for a change, hence we're all pleasantly surprised. ;)

You know what make me displeased about this Nintendo Direct? Where's the president Kimishima?
Sony/Playstation president/chief are vocal and always show their thoughts on matters that related to the company, consumers or products.
Microsoft/Xbox president/chief behaves the same way not letting any consumer with doubts about their positions.
This first direct was the perfect time to talk with all Nintendo fans and pass the confidence and demonstrate that he knows the company problems and how he intended to pass through and aim higher.
But he missed, and all was show was a meh direct full with things that are not great news.
Talk about wasted chances...