By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - XCX VA's: Nintendo just... thank you

I was already sold on the CE. Now I'm double sold. Feeling it.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

Just one more awesome thing bout the game. I noticed Fiora right off the bat, when she said her first line, lol. Shows how much I've played Xenoblade. Looks like I'll (in a sense) be welcoming back old friends come Dec 4th.

:D

hershel_layton said:
Airaku said:

I'm going to be entirely honest with you. It's not okay or understandable. The problem is, it seems Nintendo wants to get back into the game. We're hearing all these rumors that Nintendo is going all out with the NX and wants to bring the hardcore gamers back. Even Miyamoto has recently stated his frustration with casual gamers. How can they possibly be able to sell the system to all kinds of gamers with their limitations. It's ridiculous.

I am taking a game design course and my professor who used to work at Bioware was telling us that all of the console makes have certain rules and criteria's that need to be followed in order to release your game on their platform. Nintendo is by far the most ridiculous to the point they even have a requirement of where you put your own logo. How can they hope to regain market share have gamers  buy their games when their limitations scare off Western developers?

I really hope that Kimishima forces the NoA to get their shit together. They are the bane of their own success and if they are really planning to make a core gaming console (that's even rumored to have some firepower behind it) then they need to give gamers options, not limit them. Nintendo needs to open up and embrace all markets. Cater to every type of gamer and supply content for each type. Yes, that means Nintendo needs to start making M rated first party titles. They may likely need to use new IP for this or start taking risks with their major IP's. As much as we want an M rated Zelda.... I don't think we will see it. Metroid would make perfect sense as the core fanbase are all adults, and it's a very dark franchise. Hell, the Prime games are more violent that Halo imho. It should also be noted that the largest market of core gamers in general is around the 20-30 age bracket.

It is unfortunate.... but there are people out there who will by a game based on sex appeal. Bust size is one of those things.It is ridiculous but it's reality. Even game developers will use sex appeal to sell their games. Well known developers like Tomonobu Itagaki and even the legendary Hideo Kojima are guilty of this. It works and it works well.

So a game can't be mature if it doesn't have the right to customize the size of titties. Ok, i got it.

Y'know, there are so many mature-themed games and whatnot out there that drives gamers more than breasts. If you seriously think not being able to customize your breast ruins any game play at all, then I feel bad for you. You shouldn't be considered "hard core" if a 400 km^2 sized game loses value because your titties can't be changed.

For shame. I prefer creative strategies for appealing to an adult fanbase, not just nudity=mature game

Maybe if gamers would stop complaining over EVERY little detail, then they'd appreciate games more!

For a game like Xenoblade, your boobs should be one of the last thing people should be complaining at. 

But with already hundreds of hours you can put into it, increasing your character's breast might include another 100 hours. Yes from Fapping.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

But are the original Japanese voices in the game? They were cool as well.

ryuzaki57 said:
But are the original Japanese voices in the game? They were cool as well.

People keep asking this, but I feel its obvious that it won't. There is a huge amount of voice work in the game as is and it really builds up in space. Having the original Japanese plus English voice work would really add on. The fact that the disk is 23 out 25 gb and they have download packs supports this. I would really temper that hope and be vocal to Nintendo that you'd want a free DLC for it like the speed packs, as I'm 98-100% sure it won't be included