By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD: Halo 5 Sold Less than 1M in October

aLkaLiNE said:
My question then would be how the hell was halos revenue so fucking high?
We know that number included hardware.... But how!?

Sell-in for software + hardware.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Sharpryno said:
So when Halo 5 has 4+ million sold by the end of the year will it still be considered to have "terrible sales"?

You need to hold on and wait. Save the thread, dig it back up later. Halo only had a week? 6 days to sell around a million copies.... Busiest part of the holidays are yet ahead, which seems to have affected PS4 and X1 looking at NPD... Hold on. It seems like a lot of others are.

It's a pity that reports suggest halo sales fell off a cliff as soon as black ops 3 released.  fallout 4 won't help either but battlefront will be the final nail in the coffin.  

It just goes to show how good Bungie were.  They left and now their new game destiny is doing old halo numbers.  

I'm absolutely shocked by this though.  It's hard to imagine such low numbers after a massive year long advertising campaign. 

And speaking of campaigns,  after the lack luster effort the single player was I predict a further decline for the series in future. 

ethomaz said:
aLkaLiNE said:
My question then would be how the hell was halos revenue so fucking high?
We know that number included hardware.... But how!?

Sell-in for software + hardware.

So then, the game was massively over shipped. Or as we know MS is fond of doing, the channels are stuffed

aLkaLiNE said:

So then, the game was massively over shipped. Or as we know MS is fond of doing, the channels are stuffed

The $500 Limited Edition Halo 5 bundle is avaiable in all stores yet...

ethomaz said:
aLkaLiNE said:

The $500 LE Halo 5 bundle is avaiable in all stores yet...

If it were any other company I'd feel bad.

Around the Network

Wow...
Just wow

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

I was called crazy for suggesting it'd be low. This post is my way of rubbing that fact in. I've got nothing else to contribute here.

Legitimately, though, it's a shame it's sold this poorly, but the lying marketing campaign couldnt have helped things.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Younger kids are all about Calladooty these days, Halo's best days have past.

Bombed.... :S

For some reason.

ethomaz said:
aLkaLiNE said:

The $500 Limited Edition Halo 5 bundle is avaiable in all stores yet...

So when they touted the first week sales and included hardware,  they really meant hardware shipped not sold to consumers. 

If Halo sold under 1m in the US, 150k in the UK and 7k in Japan then WW sales at retail aren't going to be pretty at all.  Definitely well under 2m including bundles and digital.  Hard to believe this has happened.