By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Vue Coming To Amazon Devices Today

We’re excited to announce that the family of supported devices for PlayStation Vue just got bigger. For those of you wanting to access PlayStation Vue on additional TVs in your home, you can do so starting today on Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, with Chromecast support soon to follow. This brings the availability of PlayStation Vue to a total of seven devices: PS4, PS3, Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, iPhone and iPad, with Chromecast coming soon.

You can access PlayStation Vue on Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick using your existing PlayStation Vue account. If you don’t have a PlayStation Vue account yet, not to worry. You can sign up for several free trial options through the PlayStation Vue website in addition to your PS4 or PS3.

From there, you can select individual channels from PlayStation Vue’s nationwide offerings, such as SHOWTIME and Fox Soccer Plus, or purchase multi-channel packages available in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco Bay Area, and Miami TV markets.

We also have a special Amazon promotion for new users who sign up for PlayStation Vue’s Core or Elite packages. For a limited time starting November 15th, 2015, new users who sign up for a free trial of PlayStation Vue’s Core and Elite multi-channel packages will receive a free Amazon Fire TV Stick with their first month paid subscription. The promotion runs in select cities where PlayStation Vue multi-channel packages are available. For full terms and conditions, please visit www.psvue.com.

Also, just in time for the holidays, you’ll see new reduced prices for PlayStation Vue’s Core and Elite packages. Core is now available for $54.99 (from $59.99) and Elite is now available for $64.99 (from $69.99) in select markets where Vue is available. If you’re a current Vue subscriber, you’ll receive the new price in your next billing cycle.

With your existing PlayStation Vue subscription, you’ll be able to access PlayStation Vue on Chromecast via the PlayStation Vue Mobile app from compatible iOS devices later this year. We’ll have more information on launch timing soon for Chromecast. We’re pleased to extend PlayStation Vue to additional devices to give you more options on how you want to Vue your favorite TV content.

Stay tuned to the blog for more info on PlayStation Vue, or check out our official site for more information.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/12/playstation-vue-coming-to-amazon-devices-today/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I don't understand why they haven't rolled this out to Minneapolis/St. Paul yet....

Was gonna ask what is Playstation Vue. Oh i see that thing.

Alright, the devices are rolling in, the content is ready to go, now they just need to get it into more markets. Start adding cities Sony.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

sabvre42 said:
I don't understand why they haven't rolled this out to Minneapolis/St. Paul yet....

They need to set up deals with the local channels before they can release the service in new markets.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Alright, the devices are rolling in, the content is ready to go, now they just need to get it into more markets. Start adding cities Sony.

I think they should bundle in PS Now and PS+ into the PS Vue Elite Subscription. I'd be willing to pay $65 a month for that.

sabvre42 said:
Normchacho said:

I think they should bundle in PS Now and PS+ into the PS Vue Elite Subscription. I'd be willing to pay $65 a month for that.

There's no way that would be cost effective. The Elite plan is $70 a month, PSNow is $45 for 3 months, and PS+ is $50 a year. I could see them bundling all 3 for $80 a month maybe, which actually would be a pretty attractive offer for me.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Normchacho said:
sabvre42 said:
Normchacho said:

There's no way that would be cost effective. The Elite plan is $70 a month, PSNow is $45 for 3 months, and PS+ is $50 a year. I could see them bundling all 3 for $80 a month maybe, which actually would be a pretty attractive offer for me.

While your point somewhat still stands, the article does state that they price dropped both packages by $5 each -- so its actually $65 a month now. PS Now is $15 a month, and PS+ is $4.17 a month (if you pay full price instead of sales). Your price of $80 would actually only give you PS+ for free.

I still do believe that they should include PS+ in their base package, and PS Now in their second tier package.

Or discount both packages by ~5 a month while a PS+ sub is active (they are doing something similiar for al a carte services), and the elite by $10 a month while a PS Now sub is active. ($50 + 15 + 5 = 70 again).

They need to roll out with this nationwide. I don't understand the point of single cities.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Sony need to bring this to the vita and their Xperia phones. And Samsung phones and tablets too. Maybe Microsoft's tablets aswell.

But good to see the service expanding non the less. Regarding a bundle I think ps VUE, ps plus and ps now for $80 a month would be a good deal.