By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heads Up For PS4/PC/XB1 Owners: Stay out of Tombraider Threads On N4Gs And Smaller sites

GribbleGrunger said:
John2290 said:
Where exactly did he ask for this specifically?

Towards the end. Someone sent me a Youtube video set for the time he said it. It was a British guy who said it. I didn't want to listen to any more of it just in case they said something about the game.

edit: it was an American guy. Go to 1:08:30 and listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwNd69N8qik

I listened a bit beyond that, they are all excited about how Tomb Raider is going to sell huge numbers and be a bigger seller on Xb one than Uncharted 4 on PS4.

I don't know that you could call that coupe of sentences an orchestrated campaign to spoil RoTR for PS4 and PC gamers, but it was a dumb, petty jab. I guess they think RoTR will be a huge success on Xb one, so by suggesting people spoil the game for PS4 and PC gamers they aren't really wishing the game to end up doing badly. But I think they are definitely over-estimating how well it will do on the Xbox platforms.

They talk a little bit about how late ports always sell badly, and one guy points to Mass Effect 2 and says it did terribly on PS3. Who knows how close VGC got to the right sales for ME2 on PS3, but I would say 1.44 million is pretty good. And judging by that RoTR should do significantly better since there is a TR fanbase on PS, whereas there was no established fanbase for ME on PS3.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

This is actually kinda funny... From both perspectives... Trolls will always troll. Not much can be done about it on the wild west web....

arcaneguyver said:
jason1637 said:
who is crapgamer?

A worthless fanboy, and one of the biggest jokes on YouTube. Reviews games without playing them. Lies constantly to make his fanbase feel better about their religi- er, console. Seems to think not buying MS product is un-American.

But I am un-American, because I'm not American, so does that mean I shouldn't buy MS products? Obviously he would agree with all the Japanese people who buy Sony and Nintendo instead of Xbox, because if you are an advocate of ultra-patriotism then you should expect and encourage it from people in other countries, so he should be pleased with Xb one's complete failure in Japan.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
arcaneguyver said:
jason1637 said:
who is crapgamer?

A worthless fanboy, and one of the biggest jokes on YouTube. Reviews games without playing them. Lies constantly to make his fanbase feel better about their religi- er, console. Seems to think not buying MS product is un-American.

But I am un-American, because I'm not American, so does that mean I shouldn't buy MS products? Obviously he would agree with all the Japanese people who buy Sony and Nintendo instead of Xbox, because if you are an advocate of ultra-patriotism then you should expect and encourage it from people in other countries, so he should be pleased with Xb one's complete failure in Japan.

Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious according to Oscar Wilde. 

I dont understand how someone can be so low to spoil the ending of a game just for fun...smh.

Ive had my moments of trolling, but i woud like to think that there is a limit to everything.

I have been spoiled way too many times when scrolling the comment section of N4G, Youtube and IGN, and i fucking despise the people that does that.

The last one was MGSV, and for the people that played the game, you know which twist im refering to.

Another game that i remember that was spoiled for me was Heavy Rain, can you fucking imagine playing a game like that when you know who is the killer at the end?

Ugghhh...just to think about that makes me sick.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
In the first chapter, Lara dies and you play the rest of the game as Raiden.

those damn 343i lying to us AGAIN. 

I don't care since I decided to just watch the walkthrough on YouTube and too be honest nothing interesting happened in the game so far and the story/characters are still uninteresting,which was the problem with the reboot.The game is just a bunch of forced set pieces so I doubt they can spoil much.If you played the reboot then you already played this one.They did not improve anything or add anything new outside of minor gameplay changes.

God...Crapgamer is cancer.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Ka-pi96 said:
Umm... isn't that kind of obvious?

Don't want spoilers for a game... don't look at threads about said game. Not exactly difficult

But what if the thread title says "My Tomb Raider Review - Spoiler Free" and then in the first sentence the OP says "Lara wins!"

But seriously, these people might be arseholes but at least one of them might be intelligent enough to turn their arseholery into something that actually does end up spoiling TR for a few people.

What made me laugh was them saying oh but just wait a FEW DAYS O_o before you start so all the Xbox gamers will have finished the game. So maybe they are as thick as 2 short planks.

Jimi Hendrix

arcaneguyver said:
jason1637 said:
who is crapgamer?

He sounds like an idiot.