By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2015 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

90 % of the prediction ls ive seen here and on gaf had the PlayStation winning.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network

I think most real sales followers on GAF were picking a PS4 win. Amazon leaned towards a PS4 win, and a lot of the Bish checked guys said PS4 was doing enough to win. So going against predictions suggests Xb one win. As long as no comes along and talks about Xb one comebacks and winning globally in the USA soon this thread should be pretty calm on hardware. If Halo 5 numbers are around that 1.5 million talked about before there might be some animated discussion about digital sales.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

hudsoniscool said:

Yes, because the PS4 probably won this month in terms of sales but adding preordered bundles for Halo from the previous months gave the XB1 the win.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Synesthesia said:
GribbleGrunger said:

CosmicQueso:

Let me break it down...

HW - No huge surprises, not on prediction, but not too shocking. Pies will tell the tale, it's boring.

SW - Metldown city. Not so much in rankings, although there are definite surprises. But the numbers, Mason. The numbers.

Reads like hardware goes to Xbox sense that was the expected win. People like to see surprises which would have been Sony taking Halo month. Software sounds like it can only be talking about Halo sales to me. Probably lower then expected of the franchise.

I take is as harware close and in the order one would expect and software is also in the order one would expect but there isn't as much in it as one would expect ... LOL

Eh, its easy to look to much into it. Most the time the statements usually mean something else or are to vague, so I'm just theorizing to pass the time for the real stuff.lol

My own prediction is if Sony is within 50 k in hardware even if they lose Oct they will be taking Nov and Dec pretty easily.

hudsoniscool said:

Then....no surprises would mean the PS4 won wouldn't it? Which I don't expect to be the case.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Synesthesia said:

Eh, its easy to look to much into it. Most the time the statements usually mean something else or are to vague, so I'm just theorizing to pass the time for the real stuff.lol

My own prediction is if Sony is within 50 k in hardware even if they lose Oct they will be taking Nov and Dec pretty easily.

PS4 won by 60k in August so the XB1 has to win by more than 60k in October to be of any significance.

The PS5 Exists. 

Wow, less than 1.5m for Halo would be pretty bad.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Why is everyone acting like the PS4 won? Announcement made?

binary solo said:
I think most real sales followers on GAF were picking a PS4 win. Amazon leaned towards a PS4 win, and a lot of the Bish checked guys said PS4 was doing enough to win. So going against predictions suggests Xb one win. As long as no comes along and talks about Xb one comebacks and winning globally in the USA soon this thread should be pretty calm on hardware. If Halo 5 numbers are around that 1.5 million talked about before there might be some animated discussion about digital sales.

X1 had all the preorders to boost it.  I think the ps4 was going to scrape the win and it's the reason Microsoft slashed the price of the Kinect bundle during the final week.  

If the statement from MS is correct that Halo was the best selling digital title of all time for a first week on Xbox store, it would put digital sales north of 1 million, which would be crazy.