By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Super Mario 3D World is much, much, much better than Super Mario Galaxy

What would you rather beat?

Super Mario 3D World 78 40.63%

Super Mario Galaxy 86 44.79%

Ka-pi96 18 9.38%

Scoreboard 10 5.21%

Total:192

I agree, SM3DW is definitely better than SMG, though it still falls behind SMG2, the quintessential platformer.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Mike321 said:
Super Mario Sunshine is better than both Galaxy and 3D world

Hurray for the Sunshine love.. TwT

I don't understand why both of these games are disliked in general. Sunshine is basically Mario 64, but improved and you have an awesome water device that let's you hover, blast off, and go FAST! 3D World is like... Mario 2, but 3D and MP. That's awesome!!! I've wanted a 3D MP Mario for years, and when we get one, people hate on it. I'll never understand.

Anyways, funny way to explain why 3D World is better than Galaxy, but good points nonetheless. Galaxy does have that awe factor in it, so there is that. It's fun and challenging, but for some reason I just fell out of it...

I may be speaking for myself but I think a lot of people dislike Sunshine because it was exactly not like Mario 64 at all. A lot of cool things in 64 (long jumps, quicker backflips, wing cap, metal cap, invisible caps, punching, etc) were taken out and replaced by nozzles that didn't have a bigger WOW factor than the things they replaced.

etking said:
A 2.5D Mario will never beat a real 3D Mario.

You know, I think that someday I will launch a massive information campaign to learn to people what is 2.5D.

Personally, i really liked the Galaxy story - and how it unfolded, more than 3D World's story.

It's really tough to choose between both... so, i won't: they are both great games and they have their share of great things that make them awesome to replay and remember.
Although, i got to say that some 3D Worlds were just awesome to look at. Specially those where the water reflected the sun. Amazing!

RolStoppable said:
tak13 said:

I retract the unpredictable, you're too much predictable. Your reply was way expected.

So, I must not ask people, who have the tendecy to give mean answers...

Don't pretend that you didn't understand!

Inconherent/tricky yeah, but imcoprehensible? No...

I'll answer your question if someone is able to translate it from broken English into English.

Needless. It's not difficult.  (You pretend that you didn't comprehend it) Look someone managed it.

Slarvax said:
RolStoppable said:

I'll answer your question if someone is able to translate it from broken English into English.

I believe he meant to ask if you dislike 3D mario, or prefer 2D over 3D but still like it.

You should have that ability. Or rather, do you have any? Mea culpa, that I asked..

I must be posting only when I'm confident, that I will do it in a good way... I failed.  So, I'm apologizing, for annoying your intellectual power.

I can only answer comprehensible questions. This is taunting/abrupt.

Excuse me, but I didn't understand your question, could you clarify it, please? This is discreet/ polite and  hence welcome.

I wouldn't like to think that you don't have manners.

Anyway, have the last word and spit me your venom, It has little or no effect on me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               However, it's preferable for both of us to leave it now, before the outcome be painfull for one from us, or maybe both!  I will not continue this irrational thing!

I'm wondering why I answered since I know you very well, I should have ignored the provocative/insultive insinuation.

Feel  nice, it behooves me to retreat!

Around the Network

This an easy win since one of them even fails to have a Wii U version.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

t3mporary_126 said:
Cloudman said:

Hurray for the Sunshine love.. TwT

I don't understand why both of these games are disliked in general. Sunshine is basically Mario 64, but improved and you have an awesome water device that let's you hover, blast off, and go FAST! 3D World is like... Mario 2, but 3D and MP. That's awesome!!! I've wanted a 3D MP Mario for years, and when we get one, people hate on it. I'll never understand.

Anyways, funny way to explain why 3D World is better than Galaxy, but good points nonetheless. Galaxy does have that awe factor in it, so there is that. It's fun and challenging, but for some reason I just fell out of it...

I may be speaking for myself but I think a lot of people dislike Sunshine because it was exactly not like Mario 64 at all. A lot of cool things in 64 (long jumps, quicker backflips, wing cap, metal cap, invisible caps, punching, etc) were taken out and replaced by nozzles that didn't have a bigger WOW factor than the things they replaced.

Hmm, that is true. It is missing some things you mentioned, like some moves and powerups, but a lot of the good aspects of Mario are still there, and the goal is largely the same as well, but just done differently most of the time. I guess they felt moves like punching and long jump weren't necessary.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

In my opinion, 3d world isnt really a traditional 3d mario game, so there is no point comparing them.

3d world is an extension of the "reach the end" platforming line spawned by super mario 3d land, whereas traditional 3d mario games are action/adventure games with an emphasis on exploration and small quests/goals throughout.

Also, with regards to graphics, you would have to compare them by time reference. What you said is the equivalent of saying "sonic boom has better graphics than mario 64, so clearly its the better game." Obviously I'm exaggerating, but the point stands

I agree, SM3DW is a better game than SMG and a little worse than SMG2. The level design is marvelous, the environments are varied, it introduces a new gameplay mechanic almost every level... It's superb. SMG has some... pace problems and some levels are just very similar. I think SMG2 manages to overcome the SMG problems, with a better pace and more variety. It beats 3DW because it's more epic and the 2D gravity levels are fantastic. Plus Yoshi. All of them are masterpieces, though.

Can't play 3D world with other players. Turns into a huge mess. Some games just aren't meant to play like this.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!