By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Ultrashroomz said:

One more hint for mine:

You shake a lot of things

Shake Shake?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
S.Peelman said:
Mr_No said:
#33: "Names are for friends, so I don't need one."

Another one: "I'll be damned."
"If cloning isn't outlawed, we'll all be damned."

Hitman?

Yes, but which one?

I'm not that familiar with it actually, played the first on something sometime somwhat and seen the movie, so since you asked which one a random guess; the second?

S.Peelman said:
Mr_No said:

Yes, but which one?

I'm not that familiar with it actually, played the first on something sometime somwhat and seen the movie, so since you asked which one a random guess; the second?

Nope. It's the most preferred by fans and critics alike.

This behemoth of a game let's the player take control of one the world Empires of the 18th century, a time where old powers faltered while new ones arose on the heels of revolutions, wars and colonial expansions never seen before.

'Empire: Total War' places the European colonial powers of Great Britain, Spain, France, the Dutch Republic and Sweden to the forefront, together with other playable nations like Austria-Hungary, Prussia, Russia and the Ottoman Empire in a global struggle to rule the world by naval power and trade. Revolutions can see the dawn of the United States or split old empires apart creating even more factions. In the biggest map in the series yet, the player can sail their fleets and expand their empires to nearly any corner of the world.

Being Dutch, I obviously always play as the Dutch Republic, better known as the United Provinces, which seems to be quite powerful. Making money, is no problem whatsoever and the Dutch are the only faction to start with territory and ships in every theatre around the globe. You'll also have the best trading ships at your disposal and being a Republic from the start, the chance of civil unrest and revolutions is low. Like it was in reality around the year 1700, you'll start off in a state of decline though with bad relations towards other countries besides your allies, but it's not hard at all to turn that around and start rebuilding again with a strong economy.

A vehicle in this game bears a striking resemblance to one in a certain '80s over-the-top action television series. The sound it makes in the game when taunting, even sounds like the person that's usually driving it in the series!

Around the Network
Platina said:
Ultrashroomz said:

One more hint for mine:

You shake a lot of things

Shake Shake?

Getting warmer...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Mr_No said:

Nope. It's the most preferred by fans and critics alike.

Alright, going to have to look that up at metacritic...

... Mmm, the second does have the highest metacritic, but another clearly has a higher userscore.

Is it Blood Money?

Due to the annual Thanksgiving travels, I've had no reliable internet for a few days. So the following is a few of my picks, my thoughts about them, and why they are as high/low as they are on the list.

44. Fire Emblem: Awakening - A great Strategy-RPG that brought back many of the best elements of prior entries in the series. A great cast of characters, lovely presentation, and a more acessible style that didn't rob the game of its difficulty. Its main flaws are that the central plot is somewhat disjointed and that the scenarios don't show much ingenuity in their objectives.

43. Portal - The characters and comedy have been beaten to death by now, but even after that, what you're left with is a game that invents a distinct mechanic, teaches it in a natural format, and comes to fully utilize it without ever becoming redundant. Nothing is terribly wrong, but the fact that Portal 2 exists shows how the concept could have been taken further.

42. Europa Universalis III - There are strategy games, there are grand strategy games, and then there is Europa Universalis III. EU3's gameplay is glacial compared to other games, with a single playthrough being long enough for ten rounds of any given Civilization game. This is partially pacing, but is also due to the sheer scale of the game. You control one of hundreds of historic countries for a few centuries from the fall of Constantinople to the Napoleonic era. There's the obvious choices, like creating a British or Spanish colonial empire, but the options offered go into the obscure and bizzare. Maybe you want to create a Genoan Republic with trade posts around the globe, a Mazovian conquerer that dominates Eurasia, or an Iriquois federation that simply survives contact with Europe. Its natural versatility, along with the impressive modding community, make this title eat countless hours of your life.

41. Elite Beat Agents - How do you make a rhythm game on a platform with limited storage space? There's a reason why the genre became popular in arcades and on the PS1 and PS2 rather than the N64, Dreamcast, or GameCube. But a fair number of music-based games were still released on the DS, despite the limited space in a DS card. Elite Beat Agents thus gives up on sheer song count and instead focuses on making each of the songs a tale in of themselves. The 16-song "Campaign" is composed of humorous stories presented in a comic-like style, which help make each song feel less like you're playing an instrument and more like you're harnessing the power of music to influence the tale. It works really well. It makes "You're the Inspiration" tolerable!

Ultrashroomz said:
Platina said:

Shake Shake?

Getting warmer...

MM?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Getting warmer...

MM?

Yes, but you are 22 minutes late.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."