By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

Cloudman said:

Gonna bring this up again, since no one got it.

Hint 12: One of the best RPGs ever on the Dreamcast, it had a fun and interesting battle system that felt very lively. Characters moved on the field when active to attack enemies. If you timed it right, you can cancel your opponent's attacks before they can act. Also, one of the best battle themes ever made.

Grandia II.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

14. Not the most famous game from it's franchise even on it's system. Very famous franchise.
A thief and a princess. Also a little mage everybody loves.

Final Fantasy IX.

14 Hint: Yet another Koei spinoff featuring gameplay similar to Disgaea.

Hint 2: 2nd in series

Hint 3: Unlike other similar games, you can chain attacks together with only one character.

Hint 4: Growth is both army and officer based.

Hint 5: When you beat one of the stories, you get bonuses for the next story.

Hint 6: Some of the stories branch off, making the game more enjoyable when you replay it.

13 Hint: Features a prince, his vassal, and an angel set out to claim the throne.

The best game to ever grace a PlayStation console wasn't something high profile, but it was the puzzle-game 'Kula World', known as 'Roll Away' in the US. It is a very obscure game. Though there have been multiple in the previous already, it is actually one of the most obscure games on my list and it would even score high on anyone's list I presume. And it's a shame it is.

The player controls a beach-ball around an obstacle course. The ball can roll around all sides of floating beams and jump from one to another to try to reach the coins, fruits and the keys, which open up the exits of the levels. Getting the ball on the correct side of the beams is the real puzzle here, and it's very challenging. There are however so many levels, that I never even finished it. Though it certainly wasn't for the lack of trying, the game is very addicting. When the player gathers five pieces of fruit, the game proceeds to a bonus level to gather extra points and lives.

It's a timeless game, even if the graphics are dated today and weren't even that good to begin with back then. I've never played another puzzle-game that's as addictive as this one was. Never a platform-game that had you think about your next step, ten steps in advance like this one did. Due to this, it's the only "classic" I bought off the PSN store to own a second time, the only one worthy.

Looks like you didn't know that one, but I don't blame you. Maybe the next!

This game features many unlockable "cheat-codes". My parents made me turn on a specific one every time I played because it made the nature of the game seem that much more innocent.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Farsala said:
14 Hint: Yet another Koei spinoff featuring gameplay similar to Disgaea.

Hint 2: 2nd in series

Hint 3: Unlike other similar games, you can chain attacks together with only one character.

Hint 4: Growth is both army and officer based.

Hint 5: When you beat one of the stories, you get bonuses for the next story.

Hint 6: Some of the stories branch off, making the game more enjoyable when you replay it.

13 Hint: Features a prince, his vassal, and an angel set out to claim the throne.

13. Disgaea

Now please, get me 15 right xP

Basil already guessed it so not as satisfying xD.

Disgaea

BraLoD said:
BraLoD said:
13. Considered the best on it's franchise, a very acclamed franchise, all games score and sell remarkably, last game came out this year.

2nd hint: This game has one of the most memorable endings in gaming. And some of the most unique boss fights as well.

MGSIV?

BraLoD said:
BraLoD said:
13. Considered the best on it's franchise, a very acclamed franchise, all games score and sell remarkably, last game came out this year.

2nd hint: This game has one of the most memorable endings in gaming. And some of the most unique boss fights as well.

MGS 2

#12: "Protocol Ten will begin in 1 hour."

Player2 said:
Cloudman said:

Gonna bring this up again, since no one got it.

Hint 12: One of the best RPGs ever on the Dreamcast, it had a fun and interesting battle system that felt very lively. Characters moved on the field when active to attack enemies. If you timed it right, you can cancel your opponent's attacks before they can act. Also, one of the best battle themes ever made.

Grandia II.

Pin pon : D

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread