By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2015 (Your #1 Favorite Game)

BraLoD said:
ReimTime said:

19. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

18. This one is tough. The sequel to a successful and iconic new IP, and the "special" version of the IP? Yet while it was already remade, this version was not? Could it be Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance Edition? MGS2 has an HD remaster

19. Right!

18. Wrong.

It's hard to give it anything more specific than "special" without giving it away.
The "sequel" is also there to symbolize it's not a sequel, like MGS 2 is to 1, but a sequence in the franchise, as the new game.
And the game got a Remake, not a Remaster. The prior and the sequence in the franchise also already got a Remake as well.
(I'm about to give it away with this line) But the "special" version of those games didn't.

Resident Evil 2 (PS1)

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
ReimTime said:
BraLoD said:
ReimTime said:

19. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

18. This one is tough. The sequel to a successful and iconic new IP, and the "special" version of the IP? Yet while it was already remade, this version was not? Could it be Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance Edition? MGS2 has an HD remaster

19. Right!

18. Wrong.

It's hard to give it anything more specific than "special" without giving it away.
The "sequel" is also there to symbolize it's not a sequel, like MGS 2 is to 1, but a sequence in the franchise, as the new game.
And the game got a Remake, not a Remaster. The prior and the sequence in the franchise also already got a Remake as well.
(I'm about to give it away with this line) But the "special" version of those games didn't.

Resident Evil 2 (PS1)

Resident Evil 2 Remake didn't even happened yet xP

It's one of the most popular franchises, ever.
The last mainline entry on that series is one of those Remakes it got, from the sequence to the game I'm talking about.

Damnit idk Final Fantasy II?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

#17: "If you ever step on my patch, I'll bring you down, I'll bring you down."

Another hint: Hold O to restart in a funny and cute way. Push the directional buttons to do faces.

BraLoD said:
ReimTime said:
BraLoD said:

Resident Evil 2 Remake didn't even happened yet xP

It's one of the most popular franchises, ever.
The last mainline entry on that series is one of those Remakes it got, from the sequence to the game I'm talking about.

Damnit idk Final Fantasy II?

The last mainline FF game is not a Remake XP

Stop and think, which games get "special" versions and remakes and are really, REALLY popular? huh, Huh?

It's even more popular than Final Fantasy.

special versions all get called as third version

Pokemon Emerald

A very unknown and niche game which is actually one of the best the original PlayStation had to offer from it's huge library. You had to be a European though to appreciate 'Astérix', because it was only released here. It is a turn-based strategy game in the vein of the newer and much more famous 'Total War' series, but a much lighter, less serious take on the genre.

Like the comic books, the game is about the small Gallic village's struggle to stay independent from the Romans under Caesar. From the starting village on, the objective is to strengthen your regions and conquer Roman ones by adding doses of "magic potion" to each. Some regions contain a mini-game where the player assumes the role of either Asterix, Obelix or another character, which has to be completed before the region is conquered. These mini-games can be a multitude of different things ranging from a platforming level to a fighting stage.

For a game with such a simple and innocent appearance and being aimed primarily at children, it is actually quite challenging. The game is won when your territory includes all the regions that contain a mini-game and reaches all the way to Italy. Being an Asterix game, obviously the game takes place in France, or Gaul to be precise. The challenging nature, along with the variety and the slapstick humor, makes for an addicting little game!

Around the Network

I didn't really expect anyone would get that last game beyond what Teeqoz guessed. No biggie, this is not the final one in my list that's obscure like this! The next game isn't though, that one's very well known;

Though this series' creator tried to hide it claiming it didn't really need it, the game does features quite the nice bed-time story if the player cares to look for it.

CWegzz said:
uran10 said:
hint #17
1st 3D platformer where in the original you only had 1 playable character, in a later remake there were a total of 4 playable characters and a battle mode added for multiplayer purposes.

Super Mario 64

Correct

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

BraLoD said:
S.Peelman said:
BraLoD said:

The last mainline FF game is not a Remake XP

Stop and think, which games get "special" versions and remakes and are really, REALLY popular? huh, Huh?

It's even more popular than Final Fantasy.

special versions all get called as third version

Pokemon Emerald

Reim made me give so many hints I guess you lost the first that said it was the sequence to the new IP, so I'll take it.

It's actually Pokemon Crystal, but you got the hints except for that, so you are right!

Swooping in to steal the kill muhaha

Hint #16
This game had an epic story mode, was much "slower" than the previous game and featured 2 third party characters as playable characters. The competitive scene modded it to make it more like the previous game.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Hint #16
This game had an epic story mode, was much "slower" than the previous game and featured 2 third party characters as playable characters. The competitive scene modded it to make it more like the previous game.

Brawl?