By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think you have to do to get to Heaven?

@ CrashMan:  Nice, and I'll be on the same side as you for almost all of these threads, but the God vs. space squid situations are not equivalent.

Also, it's "onus".

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Tavin said:
he made lots of magic tricks and they still didn't believe in him.

There... fixed it for you.

Now as far as the debate.  It is stupid.  None of us can prove any of our stories.  So why then must people continue to try to push their ideas on each other?  You want to feel included, and that you are right.  We are all arrogant sons of bitches and in doing so we are all committing sins under religion's own teachings.  Arrogance is a sin.  Look it up.  We are all going to hell.  End of story.

You think the Buddhist monks high up in the hills minding their own business realize this while we tear each other down?  I think the Bible did give them something.  It gave them the truth of humanity.  We are all egotistical, arrogant, and dominating.  We push our ideas on others as if they are right, and everything else is wrong.  We want to make sure that we believe what we are saying and we seek out the current form of media to try to prove it.  Scrolls, printed text, the Internet....  Why?  That's what works.  Natural selection defined that.  Only those adapted to manipulate others have come to power.  Power begets power and people seek it out to prove that they are right in their own mind.  Religions use the Bible, printed history, and interpretation.  Others use science, reasoning, and theory.

Simply arguing that we are right makes all of us arrogant.  We have no sound proof, no verifiable sources (but the tainted words minced by men over thousands of years to read in the way in which they wanted in both science and the Bible) and no way to resolve this.  So what do you do?

?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

kenzomatic said:

What your saying makes no sense and the bible says to obey the laws of the government.

And as for the question can god make a rock so big he can't move it.
Well thats like mickey mouse asking if Walt Disney could make a rock so big he could not move it.

Also wikipedia has tons of accurate information, just check the sources and you'll be fine.

I'm sure the Bible does say to obey the government... it was translated by those in power.

I'm also sure that Wikipedia says that it can be a trusted source for information but not everything in there can be.  People through time remember things the way they want to remember them... 

Do you see what I'm getting at?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

@kazadoom
I think to get to heaven you have to be a good person and respect the others.

ctk495 said:
@kazadoom
I think to get to heaven you have to be a good person and respect the others.

Which others?  Those that agree with you, those that disagree, or both?  Those that would mean you harm?

Around the Network

To go to heaven, you must be a kind and generous person, and strive to do good.

Slip Saint Peter $50 at the Pearly Gates. I want to get my crunk on.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Andir said:
kenzomatic said:

What your saying makes no sense and the bible says to obey the laws of the government.

Well thats like mickey mouse asking if Walt Disney could make a rock so big he could not move it.

Also wikipedia has tons of accurate information, just check the sources and you'll be fine.

I'm sure the Bible does say to obey the government... it was translated by those in power.

I'm also sure that Wikipedia says that it can be a trusted source for information but not everything in there can be.  People through time remember things the way they want to remember them... 

I think you misread what I said.

Yes I see what you are getting at.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
ikilledkenny said:
To go to heaven, you must be a kind and generous person, and strive to do good.

Not according to kazadoom, you have to believe in Christianity, otherwise it's not enough.

This really has me thinking. What about the status of the Meso Americans, Native Americans, Africans, Asians, and all of the people who did not get the message about Jesus and God throughout history. The word of God didn't reach them so they went through life not believing in Christianity. So, what, they all went to hell for not believing in something they didn't know in the first place?

Andir said:
kenzomatic said:

What your saying makes no sense and the bible says to obey the laws of the government.

Well thats like mickey mouse asking if Walt Disney could make a rock so big he could not move it.

I'm also sure that Wikipedia says that it can be a trusted source for information but not everything in there can be. People through time remember things the way they want to remember them...

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the Bible said to obey the government right from the start, because the Romans didn't have the First Amendment and they would not hesitate to fuck you up if you didn't obey them, and no organization within the Roman Empire would want to be seen as a potential threat.

And I think even Wikipedia says to check its sources instead of just trusting it, which makes the whole thing hilarious.  It's a wonderful source of general information but if you want guaranteed information even Wikipedia says not to use Wikipedia. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!