By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think you have to do to get to Heaven?

Heaven,
Heaven is a place,
A place where nothing,
Nothing ever happens.

Around the Network
tarheel91 said:

Please don't assume you know what I'm basing this off of.  I find it a tad offensive.  The great crowd is NEVER referred to as kings and priests.  However, the scripture at 5:9-10 refers to a group that would be "priests to our God and ... kings over the earth."  You also fail to consider what's actually going on in this chapter of the bible.  It's a vision given to John in a dream.  It switches from one sight to another frequently and you can't assume that the 144,000 and the great crowd are in the same place because they're listed one after the other.  The use of the word "before" should have made it clear that they were not actually in heaven.  As I said before, compare it to Numbers 1:17, 47 and see if you can spot the irregularity in this listing.

The author is very questionable. The guys name may very well be John but the writing style of this chapter is so different from Yukhana(John) that it is unlikely it was written by the same John that was the apostle. Note to all you will always see me debate solid evidence that Yeshua(Jesus) exist because in my opinion none exists however I do believe Jesus was real and it is more reasonable than straight faith however I do not believe that revelations was written by any apostle and I also believe it to be a questionable addition. I do hold both secular and religous views of the bible and it would almost take a book to accurately describe them in a understandable way. In fact I would never refer to Jesus as the Christ since that is in fact Pagan.

So, everyone agrees with my points on the previous page about morality being subjective? Great! =P

Parokki said:
So, everyone agrees with my points on the previous page about morality being subjective? Great! =P

I skipped that page, but yeah, you're right.

Actually I believe there is no heaven or hell. Once you die that is it.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Parokki said:

I skipped that page, but yeah, you're right.

I knew you'd think so, but circle jerking with people who share the same opinions is fun for only so long. Oh well, looks like the people who disagree with me are sleeping or something. 

If I were a religious person (and I'm not)

To get to heaven:
1. Live your life.
2. Let others live theirs.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

bluesinG said:
kazadoom said:
superchunk said:

C) Have plenty of reasons to think Chrsitianity, not necissarily Jesus, are bogus. I mean have you actually read the bible and studied Christian history??? So full of inaccuracies, obvious tampering, and contradictions is just amazing.

Can you please give me some specific examples of this?  I would sure like to see what you are talking about. 

Here's a small one to start out with: Who was Joseph's father?

Matthew 1:16--And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Luke 3:23--And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

This is no contradiction, Matthew mentioned Joseph's birth father, and the mention of Heli in Luke 3 is talking about Joseph's father in law in todays terms.  I call my father in law my father and in Israel in those times so did they. They were not referred to as Father in law.  That was Mary's Father.  There is no contradiction here, just takes some research on your part which you failed to do.  Try again please.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

fkusumot said:
kazadoom said:

Can you please give me some specific examples of this? I would sure like to see what you are talking about.

You're like the seed of a little mustard weed. Wine and fish, casting your bread on the water... handling poisonous snakes and speaking in tongues. Fascinating life you must live there with just the shirt on your back and a sturdy stick. Hrm, so where could the inconsistencies be? It'll probably be really hard to find them.

Are you capable of listing versus for this?  You are just throwing out stuff, then saying it is inconsistent without mentioning where this even comes from.  Keep trying. 

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

*Waits for stof to say believing in heaven is for idiots, throwing all logic outside the windows blabla*