By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think you have to do to get to Heaven?

@paul--yes he could be there, as well could Hitler

and i am perfectly cool with that, my faith teaches me love and compassion *unless your a troll* (that was a joke)

what does you non faith teach you...hate...bitterness...fear....lonliness?

Around the Network

@kaza--thats not true about only chose or reject--some people never learn hat or get exposed to it...they get a free ride b/c of this

like babies or bimbubaba in some remote village

DJ paul elstak & Dj D - There is no heaven

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bCQ5ZMEF33s

=D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

@Paul...don't think so. Not that simple and anyone's life is not that predictable.

superchunk said:
superchunk said:
Belief in God (regardless of what you label yourself or your religion) and be a good moral person.
QFT

Jesus is missing there, so not truth for me.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Around the Network
kazadoom said:
Magnific0 said:
@kazadoom

Morals are subjective.

I would say the only universal thing that people of all cultures agree with is that "doing anything that hurts other people is defined as wrong" (that includes killing, stealing, etc.) And not even that is always "wrong" it all depends. Killing and stealing, for example is considered morally accepted depending the circumstances. It's all subjective.

How could anyone with no knowledge of right or wrong just make it up some day? Why do animals not act this way? If right and wrong is all subjective, then how can there even be laws? How would have people ever universally agreed on these things if everything was subjective to everyone?

People have universally agreed on morals? We hadn't the last time I checked.

There are things that are virtually (=almost) universal to all cultures. Without an exception, they are things that strenghten the community, and facilitate survival. Animals that live in packs have something similar.

Right and wrong are easily explainable as humans *gasp* evolving so that people who behave in a way beneficial to the community are more likely to breed, and thus pass on their genes. Group working is undeniably one hell of a survival trait in hunter-gatherer communities. This also present an interesting niche for people who don't have morality as we know it.

There is no proof for this explanation, but it's logical and scientific, while a magical man who created the world teaching these things to us is not.

kazadoom said:
stranne said:
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

The sad thing is he is not imagining anymore and now knows the truth. Imagining does not make things untrue no matter how hard you imagine.

I read the song as a praise of free thought, without any organization telling you what to think.

To me the concept of an afterlife is a smart way of controlling the minds of people in this life. And the more control you give away of your mind, the worse it is. 

@link--i know Jesus walked this earth at one time

but i still think the bible is the most dangerous and incorrect book out there.

i know some things happened in the book, but it was still a man that witnessed them and that is why they are incorrect

you cant write about a miracle and make people understand, you have to see it

linkthe2nd said:
superchunk said:
superchunk said:
Belief in God (regardless of what you label yourself or your religion) and be a good moral person.
QFT

Jesus is missing there, so not truth for me.

If you says so.

I think God is more intelligent than that. There are too many millions of people that...

A) came way before Jesus
B) Have never heard of Jesus/Christianity of any form
C) Have plenty of reasons to think Chrsitianity, not necissarily Jesus, are bogus. I mean have you actually read the bible and studied Christian history??? So full of inaccuracies, obvious tampering, and contradictions is just amazing.

God couldn't possible be omnipotant and put all those who are really good moral people, like Gandi, etc, in Hell simply because they didn't accept Jesus.

You and others really need to think on a much bigger scale. 

Parokki said:

People have universally agreed on morals? We hadn't the last time I checked.

He's not counting those people. You know, "THOSE" people. Just the ones that he wants to count, and they all universally agree.