By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct November 12th Discussion thread

Finally. I think we're all happy now, but that doesn't mean we should get our hopes too high. Hopefully they come up with a well paced event at least.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Zelda U please.

I am actually very optimistic about this. I think they are going to come out with a much stronger Wii U 2016 slate than most are expecting and essentially put the NX launches next year rumors to rest. Star Fox, TPHD, Pokken, SMTXFE, and Pikmin 4 I think will all get announced/release dates. Would be nice if they had one more big-ish game too to announce for next year, like Animal Crossing or a Paper Mario for Wii U. I am not going to expect Zelda U though, aside from MAYBE some new info/screens and a release date. Highly doubt even that though. 

Pikmin 4 better be out in the next month and blow my mind.

Real expectations:
MLuigi Paper Jam trailer
Pokemon Z reveal
Indi Games No One Cares trailer
5 minutes of Mario Tennis U
5 minutes of Amiibo Crossing U
5 minutes of amiibo in general

Another bunch of wii releases via e-shop
Maybe Smash and Spratoon paid DLC

JP Direct will be full of Genei Ibun Roku, Monster Hunter games and Project Treasure.

Around the Network

My predictions (not-already-announced things):

- Pokemon Zeta Emerald, set in both Kalos and Hoenn, for 3DS
- F-Zero 3X (new 3DS F-Zero title)
- Project X Zone 2 to incorporate more than just Fire Emblem and Xenoblade characters from Nintendo
- Pikmin 4 for release on Wii U with 3DS connectivity
- Hyrule Warriors Legends new content (unannounced character and stage)
- New Metroid title for Wii U
- Twilight Princess HD (releasing within the next few weeks) plus two other HD remakes (releasing 2016)
- Project Guard unveiled
- Surprise Mario vs Sonic game

EDIT: Also, a new Endless Ocean

- Smash DLC: Blaziken, Pokefloats, Inkling, Inkopolis Plaza, Professor Layton, England stage (based on locations from Layton games), Krystal, Lylat Cruise, Rayman, Castle Rock (Rayman Legends), Ice Climbers, Icicle Mountain, Peach's Castle (Melee), Brinstar Depths (Melee), New Pork City (Brawl)
- More DLC (paid or free) for Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, and Super Mario Maker.

I don't actually expect all of these. Some of them, I really don't think will happen... but only making safe predictions is boring. So, which of these do you think is least likely?

cycycychris said:

I'm go ahead and put out some predictions. 

Twilight princess hd

Smash dlc. Shovel knight and inklings dlc characters. With new costumes.

Splatoon dlc

Metroid soccer update

Mario and lugi update

Pokken new character reveal

Pokemon mystery dungeons update

Mario Tennis 

New amiibo

Xenoblade x

Indie games. Spending a huge amount of time in fast racing neo

Star fox update

Pikmin 4

Iwata tribute. 

This sure would be one amazing direct. 

That all seems very plausible. Wouldn't be surprised to see it go very simialrly to that. 

Even if it's fake, this render is awesome:

Going to go on a limb here and say we won't see anything or hear anything about Zelda U.

Anyway, new Direct, that's always great!

Should have a little tribute to Iwata somewhere. Also hoping for some sort of expansion for Mario Maker and some kind of surprise announcement. Obviously most will be about upcoming holiday games though.

Boberkun said:

Even if it's fake, this render is awesome:

Weren't there rumours about Dr. Mario amiibo allowing the Mario and FLOOD avalible in Splatoon?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.