By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda are crap, they need a new engine and team.

They should...

...take time to polish an... 72 32.00%

...wait for Modders to fi... 20 8.89%

...changes their engine, ... 133 59.11%

Total:225

Looks like we need an Official Fallout thre...

Wait we don't have an official Fallout thread yet? What's wrong with you guys?

Around the Network
golfgt170 said:

Let's see in a week or 2 the problems/glitches in Fallout and then judge? 

Well, it would be great that people that are calling Bethesda shit would realize what you just said here.

As for this other thing...

golfgt170 said:

On the other hand i dont remember a single scene of 0 frames in witcher

What I get from this message is that you'd rather have broken quests that can't be completed than the game falling a brief moment to 0fps. Cool.

Wright said:
golfgt170 said:

Let's see in a week or 2 the problems/glitches in Fallout and then judge? 

Well, it would be great that people that are calling Bethesda shit would realize what you just said here.

As for this other thing...

golfgt170 said:

On the other hand i dont remember a single scene of 0 frames in witcher

What I get from this message is that you'd rather have broken quests that can't be completed than the game falling a brief moment to 0fps. Cool.

You got it wrong, sry. 

golfgt170 said:

You got it wrong, sry. 

Well, thank you for pointing out my mistake.

Ka-pi96 said:
John2290 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
IMO gameplay>graphics and Bethesda are pretty damn good at getting the gameplay right...

Is this an excuse? What if all the other companies started saying that. They release  a Cod or fifa and it is a buggy mess with framed drop's and hard crashes but it alright because they have great gameplay? Fuck being able to play the game because under all the mess there is a great game in there. They get away with it because we say nothing, Ubosoft learned the hard way and they are at least trying now. 

It's not an excuse. I really couldn't give a fuck even if they released a game with PS1 level graphics. If the gameplay is there that's all that matters.

Now if there's actually game breaking bugs then that's a different matter. But I've never encountered any real bugs when playing a Bethesda game and since Fallout 4 hasn't even released yet it's way too early to assume that has game breaking bugs, especially considering the review scores. So all you've got left is low framerate? Well if you can't enjoy a great game solely because the framerate isn't as high as you'd like it then maybe you should just watch a movie instead. Then you'll get the framerate you want and won't have to worry about any of that pesky gameplay getting in the way...

It's almost as if people are advocating that annual, reskinned, more polished releases (CoD, anyone?) is all that's acceptable anymore. GTA has had game-breaking bugs and "subpar" graphics, but I don't quite remember such an uproar. 

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
IMO performance>gameplay>graphics.

Lets be honest, without good performance, you can't have good gameplay.

Not true at all. Well, that depends on what you mean bu good performance, obviously like 5 fps would never cut it, but there are games that have great gameplay that have rather bad performance.

On a side note, why don't you OP write "shit" in the title? Why auto-censor yourself?

Teeqoz said:
Random_Matt said:
IMO performance>gameplay>graphics.

Lets be honest, without good performance, you can't have good gameplay.

Not true at all. Well, that depends on what you mean bu good performance, obviously like 5 fps would never cut it, but there are games that have great gameplay that have rather bad performance.

Yes, FFI-FFVI all belong on the trash heap, for not having constant 30FPS. I think the "standards" we are seeing here are rooted in myopia.

Wright said:
golfgt170 said:

You got it wrong, sry. 

Well, thank you for pointing out my mistake.

What i said, is wait a bit since the game is not yet officially released. So ofc we don't know if it has OR if it will have bugs/glitches that hamper the experince BESIDES tech in graphics performance.

And yes if i was on Xone, having the drop to 0 fps when i just switch my guns in hectic moments, is hamperring the gameplay 

golfgt170 said:

What i said, is wait a bit since the game is not yet officially released. So ofc we don't know if it has OR if it will have bugs/glitches that hamper the experince BESIDES tech in graphics performance.

And yes if i was on Xone, having the drop to 0 fps when i just switch my guns in hectic moments, is hamperring the gameplay 

Again, I'd hardly call "broken" a game that falls to 0fps a brief moment even if it gets me killed. It can happen in Bloodborne during certain moments and no one complained about it, because that's nothing to call the game "broken" for. Annoying? For sure.

And Witcher 3's stuttering when you entered any city was terrible. It messed up the gameplay watching Geralt move like he was Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, but I don't see people complaining about it. Just because it didn't happen to some people doesn't mean it didn't happen.