By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Petition) Metal Gear Solid(1998) Fox Engine Remake

Tagged games:

Your mission is to sign the petition. Do you accept?

Yyyeeeessss! 20 68.97%

Snake? Snake? Snnnnnnnnnaaaaaaakee!!! 9 31.03%

Total:29

I'd sign it if they made a version for PC, until then I can't support it since I'm not getting either system.

I do feel we need up to date MG games using the Fox engine though, it;s already proved to be a successful engine that actually benefits devs in making their games.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I signed because Konami couldn't make a new Metal Gear without Kojima.

Who cares. Now change it to Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, and we're talking... Note the lack of 'Solid' in the names.

I can just see it now. "$1 for a diapazm." Psycho Mantis being reduced to saying "Ah, you like PES, don't you?" VR missions as DLC.

Zkuq said:
Who cares. Now change it to Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, and we're talking... Note the lack of 'Solid' in the names.

Solid Snake is the protagonist in those too.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Zkuq said:

Solid Snake is the protagonist in those too.

I know, but the names of those games don't have 'Solid' in them. I just added that sentence because people seem to often confuse Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid, i.e. they might have thought I was refererring to Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2 when I was not.

I feel like a MGS1 remaster should be handled like Halo Anniversary and Gears Ultimate Edition. Simply put new graphics over the original game.

Rebuilding the game with the Fox Engine isn't necessary. Unless they can put the visuals of the Fox Engine over the original engine of MGS.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ka-pi96 said:
Wouldn't it be easier to just do an HD version of the already existing remake? Ya know, like Capcom did with Resident Evil. If Capcom were able to do it surely it can't be that hard.

I think nintendo had people working on that one which muddies the water a bit 

V-r0cK said:
...and please bring David Hayter back! Kiefer Sutherland just doesn't fit!

...Did you ever for a second stop and think for a second that that was the point?

Because that was the point.

Honestly I would rather Konami make a new game utilizing the FOX Engine than just remaking an old one. Plus, do you really trust current Konami to not mess this up in any way?