By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Sony make anime game ?

Tagged games:

Should Sony make and/or support anime games ?

No, anime is too niche an... 13 17.11%

YES! Anime games need more love! woohoo! 54 71.05%

i don't care about chinese cartoons. 9 11.84%

Total:76
Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:

In that case wouldn't it have been simpler to have just said something like 'don't care who makes it but I'd love to see...' rather than asking for something that you know wouldn't happen?

Because not caring who makes it doesn't mean I;ll get the game?, the point here is talk about it being exclusive (or what it may as well be with the back and forth debates I've been having).

Also last I checked we can't make dupe threads with the same subject (like multiple NX threads or talking about the same sales pitch or sales data type same) so where is the answer to this since I do want to talk about an anime game but on multiple systems (made by anyone else while we're at it).

there would be no issue making a thread for MS, Ubi or anyone else making anime games. It wouldn't be duplicate... but you can sure talk to OP and see if he is interested in oppening the thread focus, if not it's little off-topic.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

there would be no issue making a thread for MS, Ubi or anyone else making anime games. It wouldn't be duplicate... but you can sure talk to OP and see if he is interested in oppening the thread focus, if not it's little off-topic.

Kapi resolved the issue for me in the end, all is good.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

Kapi resolved the issue for me in the end, all is good.

Good to know.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

jigokutamago said:

Yeah make an anime game in this kind of style

But fix that awful combat system. 

What do you even mean by "anime" games ?

If you mean anime "inspired" colour palettes then they already do that on Vita ...

Around the Network

Well, they tried with Freedom Wars at least, but they should try it once more. Gravity Rush 2 is kinda of anime-ish.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

How about Sony bring back their old arc the lad rpg series with beautiful cel shaded graphics? The old games looked like anime and also had an anime series years ago.

twintail said:
Gravity Daze is kind of anime looking.
So there is that. Maybe they will do another Ape Escape.

Anyways I think what is great about SCEJ is that they are so varied with their art styles on all their games. There is no consistent look across IPs which is fantastic.

Ikr ? SCE Japan Studios is one of my favorite studio :D!

fatslob-:O said:
What do you even mean by "anime" games ?

If you mean anime "inspired" colour palettes then they already do that on Vita ...

I'm glad you ask, i mean real anime-based like JStar Victory+, Dragonball games, SAO Lost Song, Attack on Titan, etc and etc. Like somebody said in here, Sony is actually very big in anime production and distribution as well, anime like Fullmetal, Fullmetal Brotherhood, Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail, Anohana were all produced by them :).

peterdavid12345 said:

I'm glad you ask, i mean real anime-based like JStar Victory+, Dragonball games, SAO Lost Song, Attack on Titan, etc and etc. Like somebody said in here, Sony is actually very big in anime production and distribution as well, anime like Fullmetal, Fullmetal Brotherhood, Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail, Anohana were all produced by them :).

There's hardly any profit to be had from making anime games so it makes sense why Sony would rather acquire rights to produce an anime adaption ... 

BTW, both Fullmetal animes were produced by Bones, not A-1 pictures ...