By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Sony make anime game ?

Tagged games:

Should Sony make and/or support anime games ?

No, anime is too niche an... 13 17.11%

YES! Anime games need more love! woohoo! 54 71.05%

i don't care about chinese cartoons. 9 11.84%

Total:76

Make anime game, Sony should.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
An open world One Piece game would be cool. :P

Well One Piece have a lot of outputs on fightning genre and is quite good already, not sure Sony needs to go there...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ka-pi96 said:

Why would Sony do that?

Why wouldn't they /thread.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Despite being into anime, I can honestly count the number of anime-licensed games I enjoyed on one finger. If Sony can change that for me with a high-quality title, then I don't see a problem.

That being said, I think Sony's 1st party studios would be better utilized on creating a new IP using an anime style, over being restricted to using a certain established IP.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

BraLoD said:

Because they have their own platform to support.

That's why you don't see Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, The Last of Us, Little Big Planet and the likes coming to PC.

Sony develops their own platform, their own software, they are on each end of the cycle, and keeping the interest high on their platform is the priority, thus they won't go giving away their products to other platforms when they can keep it and generate most interest on theirs.

Whic is odd considering they apprently own the Helldivers IP and are publishing it, surely they feel there is money to be made?.

I'll probably end up starting another thread that's more universal to this idea thread anyway since it's obvious we can't mention anyone else but the one system.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network

somebody already said gravity rush, and ni no kuni.

there is also sword art online, omega quintet, and j-star victory vs+. its not sony made but nice guy sony supports anime games.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
BraLoD said:

That's only a game Sony is publishing, it's not one of their own studio games.
Sure they own the IP, but none of their studios developed it. It has it's own developer. Even so it's also seems like a really rare case.

It makes zero sense to Sony to develop a game and don't make full use of it, if they start doing that their own systems will start losing reasons to be bought.
And they sure don't want it, as their home systems are a really popular thing.

Hasn't completely killed it for MS and isn't for Nintendo and their mobile deal, honestly in the longrun Sony are the ones who are going to lose out the more they think they can control vs those that co-operate and make deals with.

Also PC market doesn't compete with consoles remember?.

BraLoD said:

Nintendo resorted to the mobile deal after the huge decline in sales their systems had, it's definitely not what's happening with Sony. If Nintendo has already a low income of players it actually does make sense to try to expand it to other platforms.
And there is a good bunch of people who don't get a XBOX because they can play some of those "exclusive" games on PC so they'll just keep there, comparing PS and XBOX sales, seems like keeping the exclusives is being more effective, right? PS has been the winner on their system battle everytime.

Who says it won't though?, can you see into the future to know every path let alone all paths leading to just one?.

Like I said before the chunk isn't big enough, you say a good amount but it's more like you're saying a lot, as in huuuuuuge numbers but that isn't really the case and isn't likely to be, hell all my work colleagues  all own either an Xbox a Wii U or a PS4 with all of them admitting they don't have what it takes to get into PC gaming and I was lax with that, but they also mentioned they didn't mind what game went where, just as long as they got to play what they were looking for and as far as they go they are pretty casual with the odd few being hardcore to a certain degree.

If we are talking exclusives being better than why aren't you able to play every exclusive from the beginning of the PS1 all on the PS4?, I know you cannot play every single PS title known to man on one system like you can on a PC (which also does emulation so it also manages to play titles you can't play on PS4 that you could back on the PS1-2).

branching out to other platforms can provide you good income, options and new consumers than simply restricting yourself forever, at some point you will crumble if you stick to yourself, if we also look at MS or Nintendo "retreats", Sony has done a fair share by giving up some markets they were once top dog in but now Samsung and co are taking over, surely Sony would do better and take them back? (and yet they haven't and won't likely for a long time).

In the end for me I play games, I don't buy systems anymore, I build a rig and I play the games I want to, buying a system solely and only on exclusives is getting old when we look at the multiplat eco system on every platform (yes including mobiles and tablets), if exclusives were the absolute end all to be all they'd demolish every multiplat out there and yet that stopped being a thing years ago.

Ka-pi96 said:
Chazore said:

Whic is odd considering they apprently own the Helldivers IP and are publishing it, surely they feel there is money to be made?.

I'll probably end up starting another thread that's more universal to this idea thread anyway since it's obvious we can't mention anyone else but the one system.

In a thread with Sony in a title you ever thought otherwise? Why?

Because others were mentioned along with Sony, why mention others if you can're allowd to mention a platform?. I've also noticed it's in Gaming disucssion and last I checked there was another thread where the same sort of situation cropped up and someone pointed out that it was "sales discussion" which is simmlar to this seeing as how it's not in a Sony sub forum.

Also do you really think it would be legit to make the exact same thtread but for other platforms because something it telling me it's not legit ok, that's the main beef I have and why it's also in "gaming discussion".

I actually do think it would be good to discuss what kind of anime games we could see on our systems but it'd be pointless to create a universal thread sporting the same idea since it's been created but limited to one system.

Ka-pi96 said:

In that case wouldn't it have been simpler to have just said something like 'don't care who makes it but I'd love to see...' rather than asking for something that you know wouldn't happen?

Because not caring who makes it doesn't mean I;ll get the game?, the point here is talk about it being exclusive (or what it may as well be with the back and forth debates I've been having).

Also last I checked we can't make dupe threads with the same subject (like multiple NX threads or talking about the same sales pitch or sales data type same) so where is the answer to this since I do want to talk about an anime game but on multiple systems (made by anyone else while we're at it).