By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - My Wal-Mart sold two copies of Black Ops 3 tonight, both on PS4

My local Gamestop had a line of about a hundred people.

Around the Network

Well Activision reported their revenue is now 54% digital, probably means people are just buying it online.

poppler said:
Well Activision reported their revenue is now 54% digital, probably means people are just buying it online.

they have sub divisions that are digital only , more people are goig digital , but i gotta point this out so people don't go crazy with the margins

poppler said:

That includes DLC

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

I bought the game for PS4...from Amazon.

Great game, though the visuals are kind of ugly. The frame rate on the campaign is also pretty inconsistent, falling far below 60fps most of the time. Other modes seem to run extremely smooth though.

Around the Network

4 out of 10 people I know who own a PS4 bought COD : BO3.
All those 4 were physical editions : 1 collector (Hardened edition) and 3 regular.

Just my anecdotal evidence.

About 100 peple outside my local EB Games in Calgary, Alberta.

poppler said:

WoW is a thing.

Ka-pi96 said:
poppler said:

They own Blizzard which is probably close to if not already 100% digital and accounts for a significant portion of their revenue.

Well according to the last financial report

Activision revenue - $591 million

Blizzard revenue - $369 million

Retail was $281 million which includes skylander toys

Digital was $629 million

plus $50 million distribution

2 Gamestops in my town both with pretty decent lines about 40 people out the door. Nothing too extreme but about what you'd expect. I am probably going digital (PS4) since I have most games this gen without even realizing. The convenience is just so nice and I don't miss having my physical collection nearly as much as I thought I would.