By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Personal Opinion: I am glad America is taking over the gaming industry again.

yeah america is taking over the gaming industry. their Playstation 4 product is killing it.

Around the Network

Well, it is most definitely becoming more capitalistic. I will give you that much.

I don't know. I kinda miss the personality and general "what the fuckery" of Asian games.

bananaking21 said:
yeah america is taking over the gaming industry. their Playstation 4 product is killing it.

Lmao!

Its not called "Globally in the US" for nothing!

Around the Network

No thanks, America should never dictate the videogame market again as they did last gen. That gen was just... eww, in so many ways.
I can handle 20% 'murica in the gaming industry, but that's about it. This generation definitely needs more influence from Japan.

Snoopy said:

I am a patriotic yankee doody doo as some of you may know. However, I just have to say from 6th generation to 7th/8th generation I am glad America took over the gaming industry. Before (6th generation) the Japanese developers/publishers ruled everything pretty much, but that is not the case anymore. America is rising and it will continue. More money, more jobs and better life style for all of us. GOD BLESS AMERICA. 

Let's look at that shall we.

GTAV - Rockstar North (Scotland, UK)
Bloodborne - From software (Japan)
MGSV - Kojima Productions / Konami (Japan)
Need for Speed 2015 - Ghost Games (Sweden, UK, Romania)
Battlefield 4- Dice (Sweden)
Star Wars Battlefront - Dice (Sweden)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Ubisoft Quebec (Canada)
Assassin's Creed Unity - Ubisoft Montreal (Canada)
Assassin's Creed Rogue - Ubisoft Sofia (France)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Ubisoft Montreal (Canada)
Watch Dogs
 - Ubisoft Montreal (Canada)
No Mans Sky - Hello Games (UK)
Just Cause 3 - Avalanche Studios (Sweden)
Far Cry 4 
Splatoon - Nintendo (Japan)
Xenoblade Chronicles X - Monolith (Japan)
Hitman (2016) - IO Interactive (Denmark)
Quantum Break - Remedy (Finland)

Most of the biggest, and most anticipated games this generation came from Canada, Europe and Japan.

Want to know where the biggest dissapointments this gen came from, Destiny, Daylight, Battlefield hardline, etc? ;)

To be honest i really hate patriotism no matter which country it comes from. All it comes down to is "I'm better than you because i was born here and you were born over there". Patriotism has always been a tool used by goverments, Emperors and monarchies to coerce and fool it's people into war. The people think that they are fighting for their country when all they are actually fighting and dying for is the interests of a few men at the top that hold power.

Ever heard the famous quote from DR Samuel Johnson: " Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel".

Tachikoma said:
Snoopy said:

I am a patriotic yankee doody doo as some of you may know. However, I just have to say from 6th generation to 7th/8th generation I am glad America took over the gaming industry. Before (6th generation) the Japanese developers/publishers ruled everything pretty much, but that is not the case anymore. America is rising and it will continue. More money, more jobs and better life style for all of us. GOD BLESS AMERICA. 

Let's look at that shall we.

GTAV - Rockstar North (Scotland, UK)
Bloodborne - From software (Japan)
MGSV - Kojima Productions / Konami (Japan)
Need for Speed 2015 - Ghost Games (Sweden, UK, Romania)
Battlefield 4- Dice (Sweden)
Star Wars Battlefront - Dice (Sweden)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Ubisoft Quebec (Canada)
Assassin's Creed Unity - Ubisoft Montreal (Canada)
Assassin's Creed Rogue - Ubisoft Sofia (France)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Ubisoft Montreal (Canada)
Watch Dogs
No Mans Sky - Hello Games (UK)
Just Cause 3 - Avalanche Studios (Sweden)
Far Cry 4 
Splatoon - Nintendo (Japan)
Xenoblade Chronicles X - Monolith (Japan)
Hitman (2016) - IO Interactive (Denmark)
Quantum Break - Remedy (Finland)

Most of the biggest, and most anticipated games this generation came from Canada, Europe and Japan

Oh well.

You're forgetting the hand held market which is almost entirely japanese. Pokemon, monster hunter, yokai watch, animal crossing, mario kart, smash bros etc. I am pro american when it comes to gaming because they make some of the greatest games in the industry and i love my xbox one But the fact is that The ps4 and wii u have about 72% of the 8th gen console market (although some of the best selling games are american : destiny, COD) and the handheld hardware market is 100 % japanese and completely dominated by japanese games.

Every game I've bought this gen so far was developed in Japan, so, uh, to each his own!

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3