By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision Buys Candy Crush Makers For $5.9 Billion

BraLoD said:
Wait, they are claiming CoD is the most successful console gaming franchise in the world?
LOL

In the world doesn't = of all time.

Example, the tallest man in the world isn't the tallest man of all time.

ATM there is no other game franchise that cumilatively does better than the COD franchise even if for some reason you put a platformer a fighting game and a racing game under the same franchise which no, you can't do that, that's not how it works. But given their recent woes, no other current franchise sells more in the past 10 years. 

Unless GTA starts coming out every other year xD

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

They're always interested in franchises that produce a steady and high cash flow. The only weird thing is that they didn't step in earlier.

Also 5 bucks say that EA made multiple offers before that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

$5.9billion? The amount of studios and franchises one could buy with that...

vivster said:
They're always interested in franchises that produce a steady and high cash flow. The only weird thing is that they didn't step in earlier.

Also 5 bucks say that EA made multiple offers before that.

Pretty sure EA will try and buy some other mobile monster in the near future. Maybe Clash of Clans?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

lol, the most hilarious news ever, the milking company buy a a milking product

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
And the company that was bought out is saying thank god! They knew they would not last forever.

They have done the deal of the decade. Now King's eventual downfall will be Activision's problem.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

The company makes $500million a year, it'll take a little while but they'll get their money back. I mean, MS and their Minecraft one was weirder.

Hmm, pie.

HollyGamer said:
lol, the most hilarious news ever, the milking company buy a a milking product

You gotta spend milk to make milk!

The Fury said:

The company makes $500million a year, it'll take a little while but they'll get their money back. I mean, MS and their Minecraft one was weirder.

I dunno, the Minecraft purchase seems less risky to me. I mean Minecraft is still very popular on all platforms and I presume Story Mode is going to be a popular item this holiday. MS also paid a fraction of $5.9 billion.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Way overpaid. Generally, these companies have made one hit, rode it into the ground, and been unable to make anything else worthwhile.