By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: Halo 5 is the Lowest Selling Mainline Game in Franchise History

Snoopy said:
Aerys said:
Édit : No now i think it will even struggle to reach 6M lft

LOL. Halo Collection sold around that alone in about half a year.

According to VGC, Halo: MCC has sold 2.58M in about a year's time now...

Around the Network
Insidb said:
Snoopy said:

LOL. Halo Collection sold around that alone in about half a year.

http://www.ticgn.com/halo-master-chief-collection-reaches-5-million-sales/

Here you go bucko. Never take vgchartz data without google searching. 

Well honestly this game had pre loading and 2 limited editions that came with digital copies of the game. According to amazon US all the halo limited editions and codes were in t he top 20s and the UK market is similar to the US. Ima assuming 35% were digital. so i think the game did around 202k

Snoopy said:
Insidb said:

1. it didnt reach 5 million thats all the halos from oct combined. It sold more around 3.- 4million and thats just me being nice.

2. The game is like in all xbox one bundles so ofc it would sell well. mI wound be shocked if only 40% of those sells where from buyers.

Just wondering, what was XB's install base when Halo 2 came out?

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Snoopy said:

1. it didnt reach 5 million thats all the halos from oct combined. It sold more around 3.- 4million and thats just me being nice.

2. The game is like in all xbox one bundles so ofc it would sell well. mI wound be shocked if only 40% of those sells where from buyers.

Halo MCC did hit 5 million, what are you talking about. There is sources everywhere.

Also, every Halo game has been bundled since the begining of time like a lot of other games. Halo MCC is one of the top selling games this generation. It still selling a quite a bit as we speak.

MotherBound said:
Just wondering, what was XB's install base when Halo 2 came out?

Well the 360 launched in 2005 and the og xbox was discontinued in 2008 and halo 2 launched in 2004. I''d say aroudn 20 million but i cant find any info to back that up.

Snoopy said:
jason1637 said:

Halo MCC did hit 5 million, what are you talking about. There is sources everywhere.

Also, every Halo game has been bundled since the begining of time like a lot of other games. Halo MCC is one of the top selling games this generation. It still selling a quite a bit as we speak.

"At Comic Con we learned that the Halo franchise sold 65 Million games, up from 60 Million in October 2014"

This says the halo franchise not the game. if the game  really sold 5 million on its own 343 would be bragging about this and not put it into such a spin. 

jason1637 said:
Snoopy said:

"At Comic Con we learned that the Halo franchise sold 65 Million games, up from 60 Million in October 2014"

This says the halo franchise not the game. if the game  really sold 5 million on its own 343 would be bragging about this and not put it into such a spin. 

You think all those sales are from the older Halos? lol. Halo MCC is about 4.5-4.8 million of those at least. By the time they announce this, it was probably from a month old data. 

Snoopy said:
jason1637 said:

You think all those sales are from the older Halos? lol. Halo MCC is about 4.5-4.8 million of those at least. By the time they announce this, it was probably from a month old data. 

Well according to vgchartz halo d sold 482k last year and 150k this years and halo 3 sold around 50k. Thats near 700k for othe halos