By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: Halo 5 is the Lowest Selling Mainline Game in Franchise History

ethomaz said:
Roronaa_chan said:
What was 360's LTD in the UK when Halo 3 came out? To compare attach rate

About 1.3m but I will check agian.

Edit - http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/console-installed-base-almost-doubles-in-uk

28.5% vs 8%... yep that is quite a big difference.

a) I think the new thread title is better, come on etho.

b) This goes hand in hand with what i've thought for a while that Halo 5's existance and release is quite redundant when Destiny TTK, Blops 3 and SW Battlefront are releasing in such a short timeframe. I expect the HW boost to be even worse than the attach ratio evolution

Around the Network

The digital age is truly here.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Teeqoz said:
While I'm sure it's likely more like 200k when you include digital, these are still (relatively) low numbers for Halo.

I guess it is more like 180k (~20% digital).

vivster said:
The digital age is truly here.

Not to cover the difference...

Roronaa_chan said:

28.5% vs 8%... yep that is quite a big difference.

a) I think the new thread title is better, come on etho.

b) This goes hand in hand with what i've thought for a while that Halo 5's existance and release is quite redundant when Destiny TTK, Blops 3 and SW Battlefront are releasing in such a short timeframe. I expect the HW boost to be even worse than the attach ratio evolution

Xbone didn't crossed 2 million in UK with Halo 5 launch... it tells a lot because early this year it was at 1.5-1.6m.

ethomaz said:
Ali_16x said:

Microsoft touted Halo 4 sales by saying it was their top selling game of all time in US, so if they don't do it for Halo 5, I'll assume it sold less than Halo 4. Also agree change the title to include mainline because it's wrong.

Halo 4 was not the top selling game of all time in US for the franchise... It did have top revenue but lower unit sales than Halo 3 or Reach.

That is what I remembered... I even proved Halo 3 did sold more and VGC needed to adjust down Halo 4 sales.

Damn I hoped no one saw what I said, I thought they said this like a week or month after its rellease but they said that around 7 months after the launch of Halo 4 and they said that it passed Halo 3 in sales, not sure what that means, I'm guessing the number of units. Also they said the top selling Microsoft game, not just Halo, but of course Halo is their biggest franchise lol.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Xbone didn't crossed 2 million in UK with Halo 5 launch... it tells a lot because early this year it was at 1.5-1.6m.

Bit too early to say that, I think there have been times where HW-specific info/reports came a bit later than the weekly chart. Regardless if VGC numbers are fairly accurate it should cross that barrier pretty soon this month

Underwhelming numbers. Serves 343 right for toying with MS biggest IP.

Roronaa_chan said:

Bit too early to say that, I think there have been times where HW-specific info/reports came a bit later than the weekly chart. Regardless if VGC numbers are fairly accurate it should cross that barrier pretty soon this month

I expectected this week with Halo 4 boosting hardware sales.

Xbone numbers in UK needs to be near 2 million so I expected now any week of November because they were at 1.5-1.6m early this year.

PS4 to Xbone gap is indeed growing fast in UK... more than US to be fair.

I doubt Halo 5 will surpass 5 million lifetime total unless Halo 5 is heavily bundled. The UK and the US are somewhat xbox centric in their sales (was heavily toward xbox360). However, Halo 5 may be the worst selling Halo game in the UK and US. Everywhere else, the xbox1 console has a very little user base, so Halo 5 may not outsell Halo 3 ODST globally.

Well, it sold more than 3 Halo games on the list, so it's not all bad.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread