By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

SystemFailed said:
Teeqoz said:

Gamestop doesn't have monthly charts (which have a much better predictive value than hourlies) as far as I'm aware of.

Oh, okay, now i know. Btw thanks for the reply.

Yeah I think that's the main reason. But Gamestop's market share is why I've still been posting their hourly charts.

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
pitzy272 said:
GameStop top sellers update:

#2 Ps4 NDC plus FO4 (down 1)
#6 Ps4 NDC (up 2)
#24 ps4 SW LE (up 4)
#36 XBO elite (down 12)
#38 ps4 BO3 (down 4)
#40 XBO GeoW (up 2)
#61 XBO FO4 (down 21)
#62 ps4 SW $349 (down 1)
#67 ps4 NDC + batman AK (up 10)

Halo 5 down to #82 sitting right next to #83 Tomb Raider. Jeeeeez! Both of these fell fast!

Considering gamestop is the dominant player in the US, the NDC is selling a shit ton through bundles.  

Also star wars bundles making their move on amazon. 

EDIT:  I just checked, and that GameStop list I posted as the top 100 is actually the top 200! I said 100 bc that's as far as I checked. I just checked further and there isn't a single ps4 or XBO console listed from #67-200! The difference between ps4 and XBO sales at GameStop right now is massive. It seems as tho it will only continue, or even widen, considering XBO actually had the marketing rights for FO4.

Yup. Ps4 is doing insane numbers thru GameStop right now. I mean this is basically the equivalent of the top 100 being:

ps4 at #2, #6, #24, and #67

vs. 

XBO at #40

So it seems ps4 is approx tripling XBOs sales right now thru GameStop, which, again, holds #1 market share for console sales. There are more XBO bundles than ps4 by like 3x, which certainly must be factored in. Tho none of those other bundles are in the top 200, which makes their sales impact less significant. Either way, the difference between ps4s and XBOs sales right now is insane. 

pitzy272 said:
SystemFailed said:

Oh, okay, now i know. Btw thanks for the reply.

Yeah I think that's the main reason. But Gamestop's market share is why I've still been posting their hourly charts.

Okay, so basically were using amazon bestsellers because of its better predicative value but gamestop has the biggest market share so must also factor that to have a better picture of how the consoles are performing. Kudos to you for posting the gamestop update here, also to gribblegrunger, swordfish, bralod, teeqoz and shadow for updating the thread, you guys are doing a great job. Cheers :)

3 hours after last update:

#15 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (same)
#18 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 1)
#19 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 3)
#21 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#29 XB1 Fallout Bundle (down 1)
#42 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#73 XB1 Madden Bundle (up 5)

PS4 - 6 bundles, 4 in the top 100
XB1 - 12 bundles, 3 in the top 100

The Gears Bundle now includes Forza Horizon 2.
The Madden Bundle now includes Forza Horizon 2
The Fallout Bundle includes a free copy of Fallout 3
The Halo Bundle includes a free copy of Forza Horizon 2
The FIFA Bundle includes a free copy of Forza Horizon 2
The Nathan Drake + ACS Bundle now includes FF Type O

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

It really depends on Black Friday.  If we were to stop now... Obviously, the PS4 would crush, but its not over yet. 

So, as of today:  Chances of PS4 winning right now are roughly 100%....

Changes of PS4 winning the month when all is said and done is about 65-70%

Where are you getting that percentage from? Don't you think that Sony will also have great dealson Black Friday?

Yes, of course, but Microsoft knows how important November is.  Its about saving face.  If Microsoft loses November, its basically officially over for their chances of winning the US.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
OP updated. Both Star Wars bundles and the Fallout 4 bundle all went up slightly. The Kinect bundle has dropped from the top 100 entirely and the Halo 5 bundle isn't too far behind.

Teeqoz also updated OP #2 with the final Week 1 numbers.

Oh wow, I was sure I had already said that I'd updated OP #2. I must've imagined it @_@ xD

Thanks for notifying people for me though

GribbleGrunger said:

3 hours after last update:

#15 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (same)
#18 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 1)
#19 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 3)
#21 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#29 XB1 Fallout Bundle (down 1)
#42 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#73 XB1 Madden Bundle (up 5)

1-25: 4 PS4 Bundles

25-50: 2 X1 Bundles

51-75: 1 X1 Bundle

76-100: 0 Bundles

There's actually a lot of Nintendo activity in the top 100. And ps4 is beasting. Right now the battlefront bundles are in control and I'd imagine they'll tighten their grip with the game releasing. Sony must be praying it'll be critically acclaimed.

Posted yet? http://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/sales/buy-console-get-game

From the 15th until the 21th you get a free game (max value of $59.99) with the purchase of any XB1 bundle.

poklane said:

Posted yet? http://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/sales/buy-console-get-game

From the 15th until the 21th you get a free game (max value of $59.99) with the purchase of any XB1 bundle.

Gotta love how the 2 games in front are the games Sony has a marketing deal with. Guess they really don't want Sony to capitalize off of those games lol.