By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

SWORDF1SH said:

To be fair to her, this was released 1 day before the price cut announcement. And to be fair to her, she also wrote a big pile of shit.

Fair enough say that MS will win the holiday by doing aggressive deals but not because of those bundles. PS4 has by far the better bundles compared to what the XB1 has so I just don't get her. It's like when MS announced that they will announce 5 bundles, she wrote the base ot the article before they announced them. When MS made a big deal of these 5 bundles with 5 blacked out images of the XB1 that would be revealed on a daily basis, people got excited, she got excited and the tone of the article was decided there and then. What we got in reality was average bundles and a missed opportunity for MS to splash a little more cash to get the rights to a Fallout  themed console.

I stopped reading after "shit" and proceeded to just laugh.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

2 hours after last update:

#10 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (same)
#13 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (up 1)
#18 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (same)
#20 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (up 1)
#21 XB1 Fallout Bundle (up 1)
#46 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 1)
#66 XB1 Madden Bundle (up 4)
#85 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 6)

PS4 - 6 bundles, 4 in the top 100
XB1 - 12 bundles, 4 in the top 100

The Gears Bundle now costs $337 and includes Forza 5.
The Madden Bundle now costs $382 and includes Forza 5
The $350 Nathan Drake + ACS Bundle now comes with FF Type O

1-25: 4 PS4 Bundles/1 X1 Bundle

25-50: 1 X1 Bundle

51-75: 1 X1 Bundle

76-100: 1 X1 Bundle

Insidb said:
SWORDF1SH said:

To be fair to her, this was released 1 day before the price cut announcement. And to be fair to her, she also wrote a big pile of shit.

Fair enough say that MS will win the holiday by doing aggressive deals but not because of those bundles. PS4 has by far the better bundles compared to what the XB1 has so I just don't get her. It's like when MS announced that they will announce 5 bundles, she wrote the base ot the article before they announced them. When MS made a big deal of these 5 bundles with 5 blacked out images of the XB1 that would be revealed on a daily basis, people got excited, she got excited and the tone of the article was decided there and then. What we got in reality was average bundles and a missed opportunity for MS to splash a little more cash to get the rights to a Fallout  themed console.

I stopped reading after "shit" and proceeded to just laugh.

In a good way I hope? :)

binary solo said:
GribbleGrunger said:
pitzy272 said:
This seemed laughable back in October when it was written, but especially now.

http://dispatches.cheatcc.com/1889?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_723617

"Now all that's left is to wait and see which Xbox One bundle ends up being most popular."

So naive.

Well you can still do that, but don't necessarily expect any Xb one bundle to be more popular than the most popular PS4 bundle.

I think the only bundle Sony is missing is a kid-friendly bundle. A Leggo+Tearaway should really be availble for the family with younger kids.

No she was saying that XBO would win altogether. And she was saying it like it was going to be no competition. 

About your other point, I fully agree. Surprised they didn't do this. Tearaway + lbp 3 + Lego would be a great kids/family bundle and would not lose them much money since Tearaway and lbp3 are cheap. Maybe battlefront will draw some of the younger crowd.

Does XBO have any family oriented bundles?

pitzy272 said:
binary solo said:

Well you can still do that, but don't necessarily expect any Xb one bundle to be more popular than the most popular PS4 bundle.

I think the only bundle Sony is missing is a kid-friendly bundle. A Leggo+Tearaway should really be availble for the family with younger kids.

No she was saying that XBO would win altogether. And she was saying it like it was going to be no competition. 

About your other point, I fully agree. Surprised they didn't do this. Tearaway + lbp 3 + Lego would be a great kids/family bundle and would not lose them much money since Tearaway and lbp3 are cheap. Maybe battlefront will draw some of the younger crowd.

Don't they have a bundle with a family friendly game, which also has Gears or something? So there's a game for the kids and a game for mum and/or dad, or mums, or dads.

Edit: they have the Lego movie video game bundle.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
pitzy272 said:

Don't they have a bundle with a family friendly game, which also has Gears or something? So there's a game for the kids and a game for mum and/or dad, or mums, or dads.

Edit: they have the Lego movie video game bundle.

They also have the Ori, Rare Replay and Gears bundle

5 hours after last update:

#11 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 1)
#13 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#18 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (same)
#21 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (down)
#25 XB1 Fallout Bundle (down 4)
#46 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#68 XB1 Madden Bundle (down 2)
#93 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 8)

Have to think the only reason that Lego movie bundle exists is so they can drop the price even lower on BF. I'm thinking 279.99 or lower, otherwise November is gonna be an annihilation

GribbleGrunger said:

XB1 - 12 bundles, 4 in the top 10

Do we need to revise this. The Amazon bundles that add games treat each item in the bundle independently. 1 sale of the PS4 NDC + Blops = 1 sale to the bundle and one sale for blops independently.

Should we have 8 XB1 bundles and 4 PS4 bundles.

3 hours after last update:

#10 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 1)
#13 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#17 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 1)
#19 PS4 Star Wars LE Bundle (up 2)
#22 XB1 Fallout Bundle (up 3)
#45 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 1)
#62 XB1 Madden Bundle (up 6)
#86 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 7)