By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ratchet & Clank vs Star Fox Zero

Ratchet & Clank or Star Fox Zero

Ratchet & Clank 275 60.84%

Star Fox Zero 113 25.00%

See Results! 63 13.94%

Total:451

Rachet & Clank looks better and probably plays much better too. I'm getting that for sure;

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Ratchet & Clank definitely looks better but I think Starfox will have better gameplay.

Judgeing from gameplay videos of both.. Id say thats unlikely.

JRPGfan said:
Miyamotoo said:
Ratchet & Clank definitely looks better but I think Starfox will have better gameplay.

Judgeing from gameplay videos of both.. Id say thats unlikely.

Yup. I dont know how people play on the rail shooters. In mobile it gets so repetitive.

What a nonsensicial comparison. They're completely different genres for starters. Second of all, one is an AAA budget game while the other is a low budget experimental game meant to pad out the Wii U's library until the NX finally arrives.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
What a nonsensicial comparison. They're completely different genres for starters. Second of all, one is an AAA budget game while the other is a low budget experimental game meant to pad out the Wii U's library until the NX finally arrives.

Except of course that Ratchet and Clank is only $40 and Star Fox will likely be $60...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Except of course that Ratchet and Clank is only $40 and Star Fox will likely be $60...

Because R & C games aren't selling well anymore (I wonder why...). It's one of the reasons why Insomniac decided to make games for other platforms. And what you said doesn't make the comparison any more valid.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Played both series in the past, loved both. I'm anticipating Star Fox more since it's been very long since its last good installment. On the other hand I got tired of R&C after the 3rd game, since the series was getting too repetive. Yet this new R&C title looks very promising.
In the end I'm looking forward to try both of them equally but for different reasons.
And I don't see whats the point in comparing a platform with a 3D shoot em' up.

Alkibiádēs said:
Normchacho said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Because R & C games aren't selling well anymore (I wonder why...). It's one of the reasons why Insomniac decided to make games for other platforms. And what you said doesn't make the comparison any more valid.

Because there hasn't been a mainline Ratchet game since 2009. That should be fairly obvious. 

I was simply saying that the argument that they shouldn't be compared because Star Fox is some budget title while Ratchet and Clank is this huge game is nonsensical.

Also, it's weird that you claim to think the comparison is silly while also taking digs at R&C...just an observation.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Scisca said:
R&C looks exactly the way it should. The game is gorgeous, enough said. Star Fox Zero on the other hand was a great chance to reboot the franchise, adjust it to modern requirements and expectations and turn it into yet another massive Nintendo IP. Unfortunately what we have seen so far is disappointing even as a previous gen game. There is nothing appealing in what I've seen on Star Fox Instead of taking the IP back to the drawing board and giving us a totally new experience in the genre, they seem to be making more of the same.

Really? Starfox Zero is exactly what I'm expecting form a Starfox game in terms of design (I'm not talking graphics here). From what I've seen R&C it's also same kind of experience disegned in the early Ps2 era. It's not exactly modern.

Its painful to say this, but R&C looks soo much better.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi