By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I finally caught up with you guys and bought a new console!

After wanting one for a long, long time I finally bit the bullet recently and decided i'd buy one, the trouble is, all of the stores in my area were sold out! :(
Anyway on the way back from the airport this evening I stopped by my local games store and asked if they had any in the back as there wasn't any out on the shelf, and she said yes!

So i handed over the money and left the store happy, can't wait to set it up and get playing!

So without further ado, here she is right after getting home!

Unboxing pics to follow!

Around the Network

So glad they put the whole thing inside that Xbox One box to keep the original safe from the rain!
After all, it isn't every day you find a new unused saturn! and in white, too!

For those wondering, it cost $15.

That was awesome :). It looks to be in great condition as well, want tips on games to get?

You saved so much money on this, you should buy and put some Halo 5 in there.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Puppyroach said:
That was awesome :). It looks to be in great condition as well, want tips on games to get?

The box is a little rough here and there but the console itself has never actually been used, there's not a blemish on it and the rubber feet still have their protective clear covers over the black rubber from new!

As for games, I already have quite a few that i've been buying over the past few months, heres the list.

Virtual On
Sonic R
Die Hard Trilogy
Metal Slug
Marvel vs Street Fighter
Langrisser IV
Puyo Puyo 2
Vampire Hunter Darkstalkers Revenge
Feda Remake
Panzer Dragoon
Street Fighter Zero
Street Fighter Zero 2
Virtua Fighter Remix
Nights into Dreams
Deadalus
Christmas Nights into Dreams
Radians Silvergun
Fighting Vipers
Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
Shining Force III
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Grandia
Dark Savior
Tomb Raider
Sega Rally

Might have one or two that I don't have sat next to me right now too, but if you have any other suggestions by all means post em.

Around the Network

That's actually pretty sick, and for $15, that's quite a steal.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Typical, first day back from a business trip and hes buying consoles.

What a beauty.

Congrats!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

It took me way too long to figure out why weren't an Xbox One in the box. And even then I had to read OP's message to confirm it.

Congrats on your purchase, though!

Oh the trolls! Well played sir. How is it even possible to find a new Saturn? That is crazy. It's a nice looking console. Dare I say it, it almost has a more modern look than the Xb one. Though to be fair I think part of the design approach for Xb one was retro.

The jig was kind of up with the Xb one box though, that was rather an old bundle Titanfall + Kinect Rivals and a Kinect.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix