By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is "Miitomo" a good idea?

Is Miitomo a good idea?

Yes, because... 115 53.49%

No, because... 99 46.05%

Total:214
Nautilus said:

The actual term he uses is pay-to-download, but its the same thing.It is mentioned right at the beginning of the article

Link below:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/29/nintendo-and-denas-first-mobile-game-is-miitomo-launch-delayed-to-2016

But does that mean all of them or some. I feel like it wasn't very clear.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Nautilus said:

The actual term he uses is pay-to-download, but its the same thing.It is mentioned right at the beginning of the article

Link below:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/29/nintendo-and-denas-first-mobile-game-is-miitomo-launch-delayed-to-2016

But does that mean all of them or some. I feel like it wasn't very clear.

Well, he said "the other smartphone games", so im assuming here is the other 4 games from the intended 5 games.Its a bit vague, but i dont think leave all that much room for doubt.But I think that is possible to change.Depending on the success of the Miitomo, and what those games turns out to be, they might find free to play more adquate.This is one thing that we will wait and see.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

hunter_alien said:
Wyrdness said:

Miis have a distinct style to them that has developed over the years and the game is built around that. 

Really? I bet if you go out on the street and start asking random people about them, maybe 1 in 50 will still remmeber the fad that were the Miis... they are simple, ugly, and boring. Their integration is the only reasonm I dislike my 3DS.

THIS is the only important point. Miis seem as dated in 2015 as something from 1996 did in 2006. They were cool then. They are like disco shoes now. Why he can't understand that this 'game' is lame and not what investors expected is beyond me.

Oh, and Wyrdness - their stock is down EVEN MORE over the last few days. It didn't 'fluctuate up and down.' You're so foolish if you think you can tell me 'You don't understand how the stock market works: everybody sold their stock when it was low so they could buy it back again before the game comes out and it goes up again.' You can 'blah blah I work the markets' all you want, but YOU stated that you thought that was how it worked. Any child knows that is not how it works. They would not sell low so they could buy the same stock high. That's basics.

VitroBahllee said:
hunter_alien said:

Really? I bet if you go out on the street and start asking random people about them, maybe 1 in 50 will still remmeber the fad that were the Miis... they are simple, ugly, and boring. Their integration is the only reasonm I dislike my 3DS.

THIS is the only important point. Miis seem as dated in 2015 as something from 1996 did in 2006. They were cool then. They are like disco shoes now. Why he can't understand that this 'game' is lame and not what investors expected is beyond me.

Ok, let's see some game series that started in 1996. Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Diablo, Tekken, Pokemon....what do u know, all franchises that are still going strong about 20 years later, ur argument seems to be that because Miis started in 2006 that they can't possibly be popular in 2016 which is a weird way of thinking.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Lol I love how people who don't like miis think their opinion is factual. Anecdotally I've found people Still enjoy miis, when exposed to them.

Even on the wii u, people I have around still enjoy making miis and playing as them. People love making their mii fighter on smash bros, and are annoyed that they cant use their mii on mario chase as you can only (stupidly) have twelve accounts.
There is a market for them still imo, they've just been dormant for a while. Guess we will find out though next year. 

VitroBahllee said:
Oh, and Wyrdness - their stock is down EVEN MORE over the last few days. It didn't 'fluctuate up and down.' You're so foolish if you think you can tell me 'You don't understand how the stock market works: everybody sold their stock when it was low so they could buy it back again before the game comes out and it goes up again.' You can 'blah blah I work the markets' all you want, but YOU stated that you thought that was how it worked. Any child knows that is not how it works. They would not sell low so they could buy the same stock high. That's basics.

Fluctuations can happen over days and weeks kid, the price is low because people sold when the delay was announced go back and read the earlier posts as you can't seem to remember what was told to you. The delay would reduce price as the speculated release was pushed to next year resulting in some investors selling before the market moves to correct itself (the stock was overweight essentially as the move into mobile was delayed), in other words they sold before any significant price drop, this way next year as the mobile release draws closer they plan to repurchase those stocks, by the time the news had hit the forums believe me they had already sold beforehand which triggered the movement.

That's what was explained to you earlier but your lack of understanding of the markets means you couldn't even read what was told to you in context of the market, that's a fault of mine as I forgot I was explaining it to someone who has no understanding of investor mentality and market movements, keep coming back to get schooled.

Even the stock will start climbing back up with in weeks because we're entering the holiday season where Nintendo does best, the news you're reporting is old to those involved in the markets because everything turns and changes by the day.

zorg1000 said:
VitroBahllee said:

Ok, let's see some game series that started in 1996. Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Diablo, Tekken, Pokemon....what do u know, all franchises that are still going strong about 20 years later, ur argument seems to be that because Miis started in 2006 that they can't possibly be popular in 2016 which is a weird way of thinking.

Yeah, but as folks are so keen on pointing out, Miis were popular amongst NORMAL people as a fad, not amongst the gaming elite. Let's see some NORMAL fads from 1996: the macarena. Pogs. Light up shoes.

Blob said:

Lol I love how people who don't like miis think their opinion is factual. Anecdotally I've found people Still enjoy miis, when exposed to them.

Even on the wii u, people I have around still enjoy making miis and playing as them. People love making their mii fighter on smash bros, and are annoyed that they cant use their mii on mario chase as you can only (stupidly) have twelve accounts.
There is a market for them still imo, they've just been dormant for a while. Guess we will find out though next year. 

How is that a far more factual argument?

Miis were once PROFOUNDLY POPULAR AMONGST NORMAL PEOPLE. 

Beyond a video game phemomenon, hence the 'casual allure' of the Wii during its peak years.

Now, the heyday of the Wii is in the distant past. Miis are popular only among people who still think Nintendo are as cool as normal people did in 2006-2009.

Wyrdness said:
VitroBahllee said:

Fluctuations can happen over days and weeks kid, the price is low because people sold when the delay was announced go back and read the earlier posts as you can't seem to remember what was told to you. The delay would reduce price as the speculated release was pushed to next year resulting in some investors selling before the market moves to correct itself (the stock was overweight essentially as the move into mobile was delayed), in other words they sold before any significant price drop, this way next year as the mobile release draws closer they plan to repurchase those stocks, by the time the news had hit the forums believe me they had already sold beforehand which triggered the movement.

That's what was explained to you earlier but your lack of understanding of the markets means you couldn't even read what was told to you in context of the market, that's a fault of mine as I forgot I was explaining it to someone who has no understanding of investor mentality and market movements, keep coming back to get schooled.

Even the stock will start climbing back up with in weeks because we're entering the holiday season where Nintendo does best, the news you're reporting is old to those involved in the markets because everything turns and changes by the day.

So they are STILL selling the stock at a low (because it is going down even from last week) and they plan to repurchase it in the future, when they expect it to go up again?

Seriously: if they thought it was going to go up in the future, people would be BUYING at this low point right now and holding. You can type all you want, but you are not making any sense.