By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony posts $280M profit. PS4 ships 4 million in Q2 & LTD = 29.3 Million

LivingMetal said:

Are you for realz?  Photoshopped?

The original looks identical... just change PS2 for PS4.

Around the Network

I can't believe these are numbers for 30 million units sold, without a pricecut during that period. I would love to see what will happen with a pricecut and bundles and future exclusives.

Dat profit! It's not that big, but they're slowly building themselves up.

ethomaz said:
LivingMetal said:

Ohhhhh... I thought that was Kaz.

LivingMetal said:

Yes... he is Kaz.

It was from 2001 or 2002 Sony E3 presentation.

Edit - This one was from 2003 Sony E3.

bananaking21 said:
FentonCrackshell said:
I have 2 PS4s. Like the thing but don't love it. I'm amazed by these numbers though. What has people flocking to this machine so readily?

all the freaking games available on it. 

I dunno, so far the only games that have impressed me are Dragon Age: Inquisition and Infamous: Second Son. I'm a PS gamer for sure but the PS4 has been nothing but a remaster/pixel-art game generator. I can't wait until I can love it but right now I don't. I am very happy for Sony though. Great bounce back from PS3. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
LivingMetal said:

Yes... he is Kaz.

It was from 2001 or 2002 Sony E3 presentation.

Edit - This one was from 2003 Sony E3.

Yeah.  I can see a year from now that the current gen numbers will reflect more like the numbers above.  It seems like the PS4 is coming full circle.

NewGuy said:
SWORDF1SH said:

How does this relate to VGC's numbers?

Sony shipped 29.3M PS4s as of Sep 30th. VGC says PS4 sold 26.5M to consumes as of Oct 3rd. 

Either there are 2.8M PS4s out in the wild now or PS4 is undertracked by about 1.8M.

it is undertacked because Xbox Ones number here in VGchartz are all shipped numbers anyways 

ethomaz said:
LivingMetal said:

Gotta love that Sony arrogance back then.

Seriously though, current numbers kinda look like this. It's incredible.

FentonCrackshell said:

I dunno, so far the only games that have impressed me are Dragon Age: Inquisition and Infamous: Second Son. I'm a PS gamer for sure but the PS4 has been nothing but a remaster/pixel-art game generator. I can't wait until I can love it but right now I don't. I am very happy for Sony though. Great bounce back from PS3. 

If PS4 has no games then what the others consoles have?

PS4 has today the most diversity library in terms of exclusives and multiplatforms by a long shot.

Mr_No said:

Gotta love that Sony arrogance back then.

Seriously though, current numbers kinda look like this. It's incredible.

Old days where fun.

Today we have the word like bulling at schools and all... boring... no more fun allowed... we need to be political correct lol