By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon has sold more than Mario Kart 8 WORLWIDE ( not Japan ) in the second quarter of sales.

Do you still think Splatoon won't sell 5 million LT?

of course it will. 34 100.00%

Total:34
Ryng_Tolu said:
Boutros said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Splatoon will be close to 4 million only in 2015.

And doesn't need a massive bundle. The bundle which are already confirmed ( Mario Kart 8+Splatoon for the Europe, Splatoon bundle for Japan ) are already gonna help a lot.

That said, we will see soon. only 3 months to go, i personally expect 3.62 million for Splatoon by end of year.

Well that is mass bundling...

Oh. Well, in that case i don't get it, why you say "unless is massive bundled" when is already massive bundled? xD

I didn't know those bundles were coming lol

Around the Network

I feel like Splatoon is one of the most recent turnaround success games in a while.

Like, based on some of the comments being made on here and other places some people thought this would completely bomb. As someone else said, some people were already comparing it to Wonderful 101 sales right when it was first announced.

Makes me glad those people got proven wrong.

Boutros said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Boutros said:

Well that is mass bundling...

Oh. Well, in that case i don't get it, why you say "unless is massive bundled" when is already massive bundled? xD

Got it. I was a bit confused when you posted that comment. :D

I wonder how many digital copies it sold.....

Ryng_Tolu said:
Miyamotoo said:

Hardly, NX will probably come out next year so I cant see Splatoon selling 3m more, but 4-5m definitely possible.

3 million is impossible.

3.5 million is impossible.

4 million is impossible.

4.5 million is impossible.

...5 million? Maybe, but is absolutely the worst scenario.

Splatoon will be one of those games where the second and on in the series sells a shit ton. Kinda like how Yokai Watch started in Japan. It only sold like a million and now it's selling three million

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

So what you're saying is that you didn't bother to know the basic facts about the situation before commenting?

Anyway, I'm very pleased at how well Splatoon is doing. Here's hoping they are working on something more within the franchise - I do think that there's potential for more games within the Squid world (does it have an official name?). A full game that's based around the concept of the single-player mode of Splatoon would be great (just expand it into a full adventure rather than just a few isolated levels).

Aielyn said:

So what you're saying is that you didn't bother to know the basic facts about the situation before commenting?

My comment still stand on its own. I don't think it would sell over 4 million without mass bundles. And I'm not certain the upcoming bundles would really qualify as mass bundling so my comment is still valid. I'm not certain because there's no amount of research that would tell me Nintendo's shipment numbers for those bundles so I can't know if they are meant to be mass bundles. Mass bundle is another term for forced bundling where said bundle is the most appealing  price-wise and value-wise. Games like Wii Sports and Gran Turismo 3/4 are examples of mass bundling. So yeah I strongly doubt Splatoon will sell more than 4 million when all is said and done (unless it's mass bundled).

Jranation said:
For a new IP and for a game where everyone thought that it was going to be another Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, a game which got a pretty okay/low meta and a game with less content at launch.........

Yes. Now even more incomplete games at launch coming...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Really impressive and well deserved. I enjoy Splatoon a lot so it's great to see it do well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Splatoon is everything about how to do a new IP right. A great blend of new and old, great marketing, a clear target market (that happens to heavily coincide with the Wii U's userbase), a very high quality game, and great support after launch keeping brand positivity and freshness.

Hopefully Spla2n - when it comes - will be able to build on this momentum and make Splatoon one of Nintendo's A-list franchises.