By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4 multiplayer: 60fps / 900p + info on Microtransactions

- confirmed by Naughty Dog during Paris Games Week

- multiplayer will run 900p with 60fps

- single player runs 1080p with 30fps

- there will be microtransactions (purchase various weapons, tools, and upgrades) "from the outset", but gameplay items won't be behind microtransactions. The game's lead multiplayer designer Robert Cogburn said:

"Microtransactions will be available at launch, but we'll have no gameplay items that will be gated through microtransactions,"

- Cogburn said that Uncharted 4 will "most likely be Naughty Dog's last game in the series," but apparently this is not absolutely confirmed

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-27-uncharted-4-multiplayer-will-be-60-frames-per-second

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncharted-4-multiplayer-to-include-microtransactio/1100-6431779/

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

If there's one major problem with Naughty Dog, its that they didn't milk their past games enough:
-Crash Bandicoot
-Jak and Daxter
It's good that they're trying to approach uncharted a little differently. It'd be a shame to end the series on short notice

Oh that's nice. I really don't like when multiplayer items are locked behind microtransactions in full price games. I just they aren't gonna make it intentionally difficult to earn that in game currency, so that in reality you have to pay..... I wouldn't count on it though.

- there will be microtransactions (urchase various weapons, tools, and upgrades) "from the outset", but everything can also be bought with in-game currency. The game's lead multiplayer designer Robert Cogburn said:

"Microtransactions will be available at launch, but we'll have no gameplay items that will be gated through microtransactions,"

there seems to be a contradiction here. one says that everything will be unlockable by in game currency. and the second one kinda makes it seems that gameplay items will be unlockable by in game currency, and not all cosmetic items will be.

it would suck if some cosmetic items are just unlockable by microtransactions, but it would be a game breaker or close for me.

if literally everything is unlockable by just playing the game. that would be awesome. 

sad it hear its 900p. i would have prefered it to be 1080p, 30fps, better graphics, more players, better physics. 

Teeqoz said:
Oh that's nice. I really don't like when multiplayer items are locked behind microtransactions in full price games. I just they aren't gonna make it intentionally difficult to earn that in game currency, so that in reality you have to pay..... I wouldn't count on it though.

i hope there is a balance. i dont want everything unlocked afte just 5 or 10 hours of playtime. i still want to have things unlcoked after 30 or 40 hours of play time. even if they are just minor upgrades or cosmetic items. call me silly, but when i unlock stuff and have more things to unlock, it gives me extra incentive to play. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

- there will be microtransactions (urchase various weapons, tools, and upgrades) "from the outset", but everything can also be bought with in-game currency. The game's lead multiplayer designer Robert Cogburn said:

there seems to be a contradiction here. one says that everything will be unlockable by in game currency. and the second one kinda makes it seems that gameplay items will be unlockable by in game currency, and not all cosmetic items will be.

it would suck if some cosmetic items are just unlockable by microtransactions, but it would be a game breaker or close for me.

if literally everything is unlockable by just playing the game. that would be awesome. 

sad it hear its 900p. i would have prefered it to be 1080p, 30fps, better graphics, more players, better physics. 

You're right, it was my mistake. Fixed. :D

bananaking21 said:

Ok, I read the article again and found where I took what I initially wrote. The article says the following:

Uncharted 4's multiplayer mode makes a deliberate move away from the action-movie realism of the main campaign, with players allowed to use mystical totems to unlock supernatural abilities, as well as summon sidekicks (medics, snipers, etcetera). At the outset of each match, players can select various weapons at different in-game currency prices, a la Counter-Strike.

GameSpot will be providing a hands-on preview of the multiplayer mode shortly.

Cogburn added that striking the right balance, between grinding for items and incentivising real-money acquisitions, will be determined after Naughty Dog looks at the data from the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta.

You guys tell me if you understand this different, but I believe this says that some items that may need lots of grinding may have microtransactions, but then it feels like they leave the gate open for them to be availble through in-game currency anyways.

What do you guys make out of this?

AbbathTheGrim said:

Ok, I read the article again and found where I took what I initially wrote. The article says the following:

Uncharted 4's multiplayer mode makes a deliberate move away from the action-movie realism of the main campaign, with players allowed to use mystical totems to unlock supernatural abilities, as well as summon sidekicks (medics, snipers, etcetera). At the outset of each match, players can select various weapons at different in-game currency prices, a la Counter-Strike.

GameSpot will be providing a hands-on preview of the multiplayer mode shortly.

Cogburn added that striking the right balance, between grinding for items and incentivising real-money acquisitions, will be determined after Naughty Dog looks at the data from the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta.

You guys tell me if you understand this different, but I believe this says that some items that may need lots of grinding may have microtransactions, but then it feels like they leave the gate open for them to be availble through in-game currency anyways.

What do you guys make out of this?

i have no idea. after a while listening to PR, this seems like gameplay items call all be unlocked through in-game currency, while not all other items can be. however this is just what i make of it. so, just copy paste what the article says and you are good lol.

@underlined: ughhh that blows BIG TIME. i hope this isnt for main weapons. i hate to have to buy stuff before each match. just let me unlock something once, then let me have it for good, even if it takes a while to unlock it. 

Thanks god! Sony finally embrasing better performance (60fps) rather than higher resolution. I would be so happy to play Uncharted 900p 60fps than 1080p 30fps in SP. They should do this with Horizon Zero Dawn as well :).

900p 60fps > 1080p 30fps.

peterdavid12345 said:

Thanks god! Sony finally embrasing better performance (60fps) rather than higher resolution. I would be so happy to play Uncharted 900p 60fps than 1080p 30fps in SP. They should do this with Horizon Zero Dawn as well :).

900p 60fps > 1080p 30fps.

That's not how it works though, dropping to 900p doesn't double the frame rate not even close. Even dropping to 720p only increases the frame rate by about 50%. No multiplayer will also be clearly less detailed then singleplayer. The drop to 900p was probably needed as an extra margin to make it a constant and stable 60 fps.