By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Basileous Productions presents....Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 (PS2) Discussion

Tagged games:

What is your favorite Persona game so far?

Persona 1 (PSX, PSP) 0 0%

Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PSX, PSP) 0 0%

Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (PSX, PSP) 0 0%

Persona 3 (PS2, PSP) 3 11.54%

Persona 4 (PS2, PSVita) 23 88.46%

Persona Q (3DS) 0 0%

Other (Persona Arena, etc) 0 0%

Total:26

Persona 3 is so amazing, but Persona 4 too. i love both, but P4 is maybe the best jrpg ever.

Around the Network

I really enjoyed Persona 4 as well, and like you, I also played the PS2 version. I'm aware that the Vita game is the definitive version, but I guess I didn't care enough to buy a new platform for the game. Maybe I'll play Golden someday, but I'm not really in a hurry I guess.

Overall, I really couldn't give it a score. There were some parts I loved more than anything else I've ever played, but there were also parts I hated so much I wanted to delete the game off my hard drive and break my controller into a million pieces. The sim aspect was fantastic, and like most SMT games, I get really into the demon fusions, even though I didn't like being unable to choose my skills.

Despite that, working my way through dungeons was just...boring. It took me around half a year to complete the game, mostly because I would put it on hold whenever I had to brave yet another dungeon. Maybe this didn't bother most people, but it's something that definitely affected my enjoyment of the game. I'd basically just force myself to plow through every few sessions before getting back to working on my Social Links or advancing the story.

It's definitely a game I'd highly recommend to most people, at least to try, but I wouldn't blame people for finding fault in certain parts like I did. I think the vast amount of internet hype I read led me to be a bit more critical of it, though I think that's a problem with a lot of great games, and I certainly wouldn't say P4 was bad by any means.

Also since it's totally important, I picked Yukiko on my one playthrough, though mostly because she seemed to warm up to my character faster. Looking back, I found Rise and Ai's stories to be more interesting (even though the latter was an NPC). If I play it again I'll likely pick one of those two to court/date. I liked Chie as well...but her poor voice-acting really hurt my opinion of her. I think this is a game that really could have benefited from dual audio, though I suppose I say that a lot. Fingers crossed Persona 5 has it.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

BasilZero said:

Listening to the music right now as I make this OP lol.

Reincarnation ? The reincarnation albums are always damn good. Can't wait for P5's.

I don't know why but i prefered Persona 3 over the 4. That would make sense if I was an Evangelion fan but I hate eva with passion. The only thing that is objectively better in P3 is the cutscenes lol.

Also naoto a qt. I need P4dan. And good review overall.

BasilZero said:

Yeah I agree - the dungeon design is really mediocre/bland and I enjoyed the social aspect of the game more than the battles personally as well.

P1, P2 and P3 I played back to back and it took me a whole year due to the fact of time constraints (had work and school). P4 was quick for me cause I'm in India right now and there's not much I can do since I've done practically almost everything I needed to do. Took me about 3 weeks to beat it which is amazing especially for a long game like P4 usually takes me like 3-4 months.

Also I hear Chie and Teddie's VAs are different in the Vita version ;o.

I have Persona 3 in my backlog, I really should get to it one of these days. That's promising to hear about Chie getting a new VA in Golden. I didn't mind Teddie as much, the goofy voice matched the goofy character.

Oh, and great review! I meant to say that in my first post, but got distracting reminiscing, hehe...

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

BasilZero said:

No worries!

I plan to play P3 again - both FES and the P3P version.

Gonna do FES first to complete the whole story and will P3P again as the female protagonist. I also need to watch both the P3 and P4 anime as well.

Yeah, Teddie's awesome ^_^ - became one of my most favorite characters instantly.  Also thanks :D

Wait, you played the male route on P3P? Lemme just say that Female Route > Male Route. 

The social links are just so much better. I didn't care much for over half of the links in the male route. Plus Shinji gets some actual development.