By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Basileous Productions presents....Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 (PS2) Discussion

Tagged games:

What is your favorite Persona game so far?

Persona 1 (PSX, PSP) 0 0%

Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PSX, PSP) 0 0%

Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (PSX, PSP) 0 0%

Persona 3 (PS2, PSP) 3 11.54%

Persona 4 (PS2, PSVita) 23 88.46%

Persona Q (3DS) 0 0%

Other (Persona Arena, etc) 0 0%

Total:26

Persona 4 is the greatest game ever made. It's kind of just a pain to get people to play it. It's kind of like Undertale.
Also, Chie is the best girl, but Rise is an acceptable alternative.
Only squares go for Yukiko or Naoto.

Oh, and Innocent Sin is the second best Persona.

Around the Network

Oh! If you are thinking on playing Persona Q on 3DS, just remenber that it is NOT a normal Persona like the two PS2 games! It doesn't have a town to explore, random npcs to talk to, social links, etc..

If you can pass all that, it is a amazing game! The Etrian odyssey like dungeons are really fun to explore (I don't want to pass any spoilers but, one of them is perfect for this halloween season!), and both the graphics and soudtrack are all stil great! :)

Black Frost! :D Played almost all the game and finished it with him, so powerful... ^^

I also dated Rise (don't like Chie's voice...), but if I play again before Persona 5, I'll have to date Naoto.

Only error I see, you were not a perfect man? (stats) That's a shame :(

Persona 4 is my GOAT, but not a fan of Persona Q's gameplay, still haven't finished this one... (the fan service is great though) 

BasilZero said:

Malt4zar said:
Persona 4 is one of the best Jrpg, if not THE best RPG, ever made. Period.

I love the gameplay, the graphics, the soundtrack, the history... Everthing is just great. :)

Me too! The music especially is amazing! My fav tracks are Corridor, Heaven, Reach out to the Truth, The Almighty and Your Affection!

I'm listening to the OST right now xD

Oh Yeah! The soundtrack of this game is simply amazing! Now thanks to you, i will have to hunt down the full ost on youtube to listen as well. XD

Persona 3 and Persona Q too have amazing pieces of music! I recomend you to listen to some of Persona Q tracks before buying, if you haven't already. :p Some of them i think its just plain gorgeous! Zelda franchise level of music!

If I thought Persona 3 Portable was tepid garbage, will I like 4?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
If I thought Persona 3 Portable was tepid garbage, am I wrong?

Surely! :P

(Just played Persona 3 FES, but yeah, P4 is the same kind of game) 

BasilZero said:
Malt4zar said:

Oh Yeah! The soundtrack of this game is simply amazing! Now thanks to you, i will have to hunt down the full ost on youtube to listen as well. XD

Persona 3 and Persona Q too have amazing pieces of music! I recomend you to listen to some of Persona Q tracks before buying, if you haven't already. :p Some of them i think its just plain gorgeous! Zelda franchise level of music!

I'll check it out - are there remixes of P3 and P4 music in Persona Q? I hope so :O

P3's OST is amazing too. I also have the Reincarnation OST for both P3 and P4 too (also have P1 and P2 OSTs on my iTunes!)

Look for: Persona Q ost: Maze of life (The opening music), Light the fire up-Dark hour, light the fire up-Midnight channel, memories of time, Footsteps of time, Laser Bean and paulownia mall (^o^).

Sorry, but i am currently using the WiiU gamepad. So i can't  "copy-pasta" the videos here, Just to write this stuff is a nightmare on this thing.

BasilZero said:
Lawlight said:

Was it the characters/story or the way the gameplay was for the most part (excluding the battle system and stat system/persona system)?

P3P's non-battle gameplay was playing like a Visual novel unlike P3 and P3FES on PS2 - both P4 and P4G play exactly like each other and not like P3P at all.

The gameplay basically. Every night going into the same labyrinth and fighting the same monsters and walking around the same environment.

Lawlight said:

Yes, there's a good chance you would like 4. I also didn't like P3, but I love P4.

BasilZero said:
Clyde32 said:

Yes, there's a good chance you would like 4. I also didn't like P3, but I love P4.

Awws I still liked P3 - just wish I played P3FES and not P3P first though lol.

So many issues with the game prevented me from enjoying it for the majority of the time(except January. Loved January). I think I'll make a LttP thread on gaf detailing everything. Possibly posting it here as well.