By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - One Life: videogame in which you die once and can't play ever again

lol look at the casuals thumbing down this video. Its an interesting concept

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
That is an extremelly bad idea, because that would make the game flawed in the most basic level.I could see it barely working as a free game, but as a paid game, and a 10 dollars game at that?
But, if you want my genuine opinion, is that this game is fake, and this is all some prank or something of the like.

so the arcades were flawed? thats how gaming was made

Ruler said:
Nautilus said:
That is an extremelly bad idea, because that would make the game flawed in the most basic level.I could see it barely working as a free game, but as a paid game, and a 10 dollars game at that?
But, if you want my genuine opinion, is that this game is fake, and this is all some prank or something of the like.

What in the ever loving hell are you talking about? Nobody is hating on roguelikes. Roguelikes are interesting and fun when done right, and the idea of one life to game over is fairly interesting. Where this game goes far south, and what you apparently completely missed judging by your post that makes next to zero sense, is the fact that you have only one life. One life. Period. That's it. Once you die, you're locked out of a game you paid money for. That is an awful model. Seriously bad. If you don't see that, then I can just add you to the list of people I hope are never in charge of game design on any level.

LuckyTrouble said:
Ruler said:
Nautilus said:

What in the ever loving hell are you talking about? Nobody is hating on roguelikes. Roguelikes are interesting and fun when done right, and the idea of one life to game over is fairly interesting. Where this game goes far south, and what you apparently completely missed judging by your post that makes next to zero sense, is the fact that you have only one life. One life. Period. That's it. Once you die, you're locked out of a game you paid money for. That is an awful model. Seriously bad. If you don't see that, then I can just add you to the list of people I hope are never in charge of game design on any level.

the arcades work the same....

And yes you can restart the game by rebuying the game again with a different steam account

Ruler said:
LuckyTrouble said:

And yes you can restart the game by rebuying the game again with a different steam account

Except at arcades you toss in a couple of coins to take a shot and live or die based on your skill. This game is not in an arcade though. This game is on your computer where the arcade model has never existed, and will never thrive regardless of who tries to force it. This game is not based on skill, but rather your luck to not run into someone else who will inevitably take joy in knowing they made you waste money. But no, keep being condescending and telling people how this model is such a good idea despite everybody already clearly outlining why it is bound to fail.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Nautilus said:

What?What are you talking about?This game and arcades have little in common.First, arcade games are compressed, and experiences that are meant to be fully enjoyed in less than 1 or 2 hours, because you wont be able to keep playing continuosly because of the money constrain(every time you die/lose, you need to buy a continue).But this game is supposed to be an MMO, a game that requires dedication and that will keep you busy for hours and hours.And by the video, you can easily die.The model just dosent fit.

Other thing is that each try at arcades costs what?25 cents?50 cents?This games charges you for 10 dollars!!!!! to play a game with a gigantic chance of dieng and losing all your moneys value.Not only it is over priced, but a terrible failure for a business model for, to be honest, almost any kind of game today.

And last but not least, when you normaly die at a arcade game, you can buy a continue, to keep trying.It dosent delete your progression because you died once.

So yeah, this game has nothing to do with arcades.This is more like gambling, to be honest.Gambling to have luck that in the next corner there is not a player with a gun pointed to your head.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

To be honest,the game description itself sounds very intersting. Traveling with your truck in an open world with infected, upgrade it and so on? Sounds like the very first Walking Dead MMO with other players to kill, NPCs to kill or help, Live voice.

And then there is this 1 life thing. The only weak point that makes this game ..well .. shit.

Ruler said:
LuckyTrouble said:
Ruler said:
Nautilus said:

Arcades are cent games that give you bang for your buck. Also, arcades were insanely popular during a time where many people didn't own their own video game console.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

They should have made it like most hardcore modes. You die and then you create another character. Why the fuck would you want to buy this game to play till you die and then no more? Sounds terrible.

LuckyTrouble said:
Ruler said:
LuckyTrouble said:

Except at arcades you toss in a couple of coins to take a shot and live or die based on your skill. This game is not in an arcade though. This game is on your computer where the arcade model has never existed, and will never thrive regardless of who tries to force it. This game is not based on skill, but rather your luck to not run into someone else who will inevitably take joy in knowing they made you waste money. But no, keep being condescending and telling people how this model is such a good idea despite everybody already clearly outlining why it is bound to fail.

But this is the whole point of the game? you dont have to kill other people? its about trust in other human player making friends by letting them life and so fort. It sounds like a funny experience