By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does the removal of lingerie outfits from Fatal Frame in the West annoy you at all?

omg they got rid of the outfits? I'm not buying. I don't want no censored gibberish.

Around the Network

Yeah. It's despicable.
I wrote angry mail at Iffy for covering Noire's cleavage in Hyperdevotion Noire's cover art, this is even worse.

No, and it doesn´t surprises me it was pretty obvious nintendo was going to remove that outfit

I assume they don't want to sell it then? I mean seriously, for everyone not already a fan of the series that's the number one reason to buy.

Just import it from Europe then. Good thing that it's not region lo.....ooooooooh.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm not getting it anymore because of it. I was in the mood to play a mediocre exploitative horror game for Halloween. Now its just a mediocre horror game. No sale.

EDIT: Just to be clear, this isn't political. I don't care about censorship like this. I just had very low brow reasons to buy this, and now they're gone. They can censor all they want for all I care. It's not like the outfits added anything of consequence to the gameplay. I just wanted them because they were carnal and skimpy, and I'm a guy who likes that stuff sometimes.

Around the Network

I loath censorship of any kind. I was going to pass on Criminal Girls on the Vita because of the that very reason, but caved when the price was slashed during a flash sale on PSN. Usually, I wouldn't cave, but it was like $8. So, to answer your question, yes, it bothers me.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Well that's unfortunate for those that were looking forward to those outfits. I thought the Samus and Zelda outfits were additional bonuses on top of the lingerie outfits, not their replacements.

I've got to say, those censored outfits are awesome. Heck, I'd even try them on me.

It's such a shame that Nintendo does these things, really. It annoys me indeed, especially because I love having tons of unlockable costumes for the characters in the game. Don't know why, but I've always liked it when you can customize an apparently non-customizable Main Character; I like it so much it incentives me to replay the game from beginning to end again just with this new outfit unlocked.

This one looks...perfect:

Shame on you, Nintendo. Shame on you.

It's Nintendo, so I'm not too surprised, but it's still dumb regardless.

I mean, the game is Rated M, right? Who are they trying to protect?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

What annoyed me was that such an amazing horror franchise had to include slutty outfits to sell a few more copies.