By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rock Band 4 has $3,926 worth of DLC (Added Poll)

Do you agree with this kind of DLC?

No, its a rip-off. 103 52.82%

Yes, i dont see anything wrong. 44 22.56%

Maybe, for lower priced songs. 20 10.26%

DLC is the Devil!!! 28 14.36%

Total:195

Sure, this is too much, but who the hell would actually play all 2,000 songs?

Though the 1.99 per song is a huge rip off. I'd rather just download the song for free from a MP3 converter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:

Though the 1.99 per song is a huge rip off. I'd rather just download the song for free from a MP3 converter.

How is it a rip off?

There is so much illogical conclusions from this thread. The whole point of the DLC set up in Rock Band is that nobody will really be buying every single track in the game. You buy the tracks you like. It's more freedom than any Guitar Hero allowed.

As you say, 2000 songs in a collection would be ludicrous. It's not like most DLC where it forms an integral part of the game. It actually gives the user full control over the direction of the musical content of their game library.

Seeing as people keep saying "well it's cheaper on iTunes"... why would you expect a game with that content to be cheaper? At the same time though, you can pay 50c to listen to a single song ONCE in a jukebox. There's no whining about the rip off of that on forums.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

That´s a new record. I don´t care about this game so it´s up to other consumers to decide wheter they agree with this or no.

MikeRox said:
hershel_layton said:

How is it a rip off?

There is so much illogical conclusions from this thread. The whole point of the DLC set up in Rock Band is that nobody will really be buying every single track in the game. You buy the tracks you like. It's more freedom than any Guitar Hero allowed.

As you say, 2000 songs in a collection would be ludicrous. It's not like most DLC where it forms an integral part of the game. It actually gives the user full control over the direction of the musical content of their game library.

Seeing as people keep saying "well it's cheaper on iTunes"... why would you expect a game with that content to be cheaper? At the same time though, you can pay 50c to listen to a single song ONCE in a jukebox. There's no whining about the rip off of that on forums.

For me I honestly think prices should vary, that's all. I don't like how songs in things such as Apple Music and whatnot only have invidivual songs for a certain price.

I am fine with paying 2 bucks for a song that I can enjoy playing, but it would be cool if music companies made packs or bundles. And I also think prices should vary based on factors such as length of the song. 

I don't really listen to music in the first place, so it may explain why I'm not really amazed by this move,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

AEGRO said:

How many songs does GTA have? Hell, even MGSV have tons of real life songs in there too.

GTA has a reason to pay for all those songs. It makes more money than a lot of hollywood movies. So they don't give a shit their budget is $200 million dollars. RB4 doesn't have that power. This is why their's only 65 songs on the disc.

That is all they could do, so the game itself is profit at $60. Here's an example: Star Trek Online couldn't hire Kate Mulgrew to play Captain Janeway. Why? Half the Season 10 content would of been cut, to pay the salery. You get less game, for 20 minutes of dialog. What matters more. More game or a voice, in the long run. I'm really surpised people are harping on RB4. People are lucky the genre is even back. This isn't normal DLC. This is songs. Can anyone here really say they will buy more than $100 worth of songs?

Around the Network

The abomination of DLC....

archer9234 said:
AEGRO said:

How many songs does GTA have? Hell, even MGSV have tons of real life songs in there too.

GTA has a reason to pay for all those songs. It makes more money than a lot of hollywood movies. So they don't give a shit their budget is $200 million dollars. RB4 doesn't have that power. This is why their's only 65 songs on the disc.

That is all they could do, so the game itself is profit at $60. Here's an example: Star Trek Online couldn't hire Kate Mulgrew to play Captain Janeway. Why? Half the Season 10 content would of been cut, to pay the salery. You get less game, for 20 minutes of dialog. What matters more. More game or a voice, in the long run. I'm really surpised people are harping on RB4. People are lucky the genre is even back. This isn't normal DLC. This is songs. Can anyone here really say they will buy more than $100 worth of songs?

It seems people feel their $60 should be including every single track they ever did.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
archer9234 said:
AEGRO said:

It seems people feel their $60 should be including every single track they ever did.

The same people also go OMFG about Train Simulators $4000 DLC. When they don't realise the DLC has been working with each version of the game for nearly a decade. This would happen with any game, if the games lifespan was endless. Imagine of EA made one Madden. And then simply roster updated and improved the game engine, for a decade. It ends up being $4000 too.

And iTunes had millions of dollars in microtransactions. The horror.

Some observations going through the thread:

Wow some of you seriously disappoint me. Your inability to look at a situation with anything even resembling logic is almost offensive. If you're going to attack something, think it through. Otherwise you just sound like an ignorant tool. If your argument boils down to "DLC = teh debil", you have absolutely no place in any conversation about DLC since you lack the ability to look at it based on situation and not on general idea alone.

People really still respond to Samus? Really? Just ignore them and save yourself a headache. This thread was another great example of their posts that remain pretty much indistinguishable from trolling.

On the topic of the actual DLC, I have nothing to add that people haven't already said. The idea is that you pick and choose the songs you want. You are not buying $3,000 worth of DLC. You do not need it all to enjoy the game or complete the experience. You may only ever buy 10 songs and be perfectly content. It's your game to make, and it costs all of $2 a song, which people have already explained that whole $1 extra over standard music buying services. Maybe what you get on the disc isn't your cup of tea, but they also can't say "pick any 65 songs and make your own" because they would be eating a lot of cost and potentially seeing zero return from paying to provide this option.

Rock Band is DLC done right. It's completely optional (yes, completely, 100%, you don't have to purchase anything), with lots of options to fit player preference. If you actually have a problem with that, either you have no interest in the game to begin with and simply wanted a hate train to ride, or I can only assume you are completely anti-enjoyment.