By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Deal on Ebay

tagged

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network

Link removed due to obvious scam, all feedback on account is as buyer, all bought items are digital delivery sub $1 items used to boost feedback rating.

To those that bought one, expect "stock delays" until the 30 days to bring up a PayPal dispute are up, or being shipped a printed picture of an Xbox one, or the listing being pulled by the seller, and emails saying it was a mistake but they will honour your purchase anyway and constant excuses for the delay until the 30 days are, again, up.

Thread will remain open so those that bought one can update with what happens but do not repost the link, people giving these scammers money is why they continue to do it.

As for "maybe they missed a $0" that's a pretty standard scam vector for people to use, gives it more validity and makes people want to take a shot and part with their cash, its also low enough that many people wouldn't bother pursuing a refund, however the seller makes off with the cash like a bandit.

It says the listing is gone now so does that mean it was a scam after all or just a pricing error.

I didn't place an order but i'm just curious if there are people who are out there and got lucky and got one for $30.

edit: This was posted at the same time as the post above me, so yeah, nevermind then. Guess that answers that.

Tachikoma said:
Link removed due to obvious scam, all feedback on account is as buyer, all bought items are digital delivery sub $1 items used to boost feedback rating.

To those that bought one, expect "stock delays" until the 30 days to bring up a PayPal dispute are up, or being shipped a printed picture of an Xbox one.

Thread will remain open so those that bought one can update with what happens but do not repost the link, people giving these scammers money is why they continue to do it.

Why could it not have been removed due to a pricing error?

Edit: hmm...didn't see that sentence about the feedback.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

scam indeed

Around the Network

UPDATE:

I received an email from eBay saying that the seller's account may have been compromised by a third party, that the offer may be a scam, and that the listing was removed. It seems my suspicions on why the payment was taking awhile to clear were correct in that the listing was flagged, and removed a short while ago.

I'll just go ahead and cancel at this point, since eBay flat out said that I'm on my own if I decide to stick with it and it ends up being a scam. It may only be $30, but that's the best way to lure people I suppose. Get $30 a couple hundred times, and suddenly $30 isn't all that small of a number. Plus, I really get annoyed dealing with PayPal's dispute system. It took me a month to actually get $100 back before after a shop kept eternally saying that they were totally getting more of the item in question and would be processing orders. lol yeah, uh huh.

So yeah, it was worth a shot. No harm, no foul.

I got the same email from eBay but i pay with PayPal (I bought 2). They already took the money so not sure what to do!

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

otoniel said:
I got the same email from eBay but i pay with PayPal (I bought 2). They already took the money so not sure what to do!

Open a PayPal dispute via paypal

Or should I wait a day or two and see what happens?

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

otoniel said:

Or should I wait a day or two and see what happens?

The email you paid to is clearly a Chinese email. It's a scam, bruh. Dispute now, or I guess wait. It's your money. Tie it up in a dispute and you should get it back within ten days since I highly doubt this scammer is going to respond to any claims.