By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buying Wii U now, or wait for NX?

Tagged games:

What Should I do

Buy Wii U now 203 42.65%

Wait for NX 125 26.26%

Buy Wii U at bargain price 86 18.07%

Buy Hooker 62 13.03%

Total:476
mZuzek said:
I'd get the Wii U, but regardless of what the NX turns out to be and when it might be released, it's important to keep in mind that Wii U support will probably be over after holiday 2016. Either way, if you're not in a hurry, I'd tell you to really just wait for NX news.

Why would it be important to keep a complete guess in mind?  I know you're probably thinking about how the Wii ended it's services after the Wii U's release.  But it had more to do with the fact that Gamespy was providing the services who was bought out by Glu Mobile.  They wanted to ramp up the prices for Nintendo on a declining platform so they made the choice to discontinue service.  Nintendo is running the ship now and has made no indication they would be discontinuing their support for the Wii U in a year.  

On topic, if it's too expensive or doesn't have the games you want to play, don't buy the Wii U.  I will assume you have other systems to play on during your wait for the next Nintendo console.  I usually only buy one console per generation and if I hadn't bought one yet, I would definitely pick this up.  There are a ton of fun games for it and you can get a good price by visiting the Nintendo website for a refurbished model.  

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network
spemanig said:
bigtakilla said:

It's still going to be a solid title for the Wii U, that in my opinion looks like it'll be fun. I'm excited for it, granted not even as much as I am for Project Zero V (which was also not mentioned).

Could be a lot worse, they could do what a lot of other developers do and purposely put together footage to sell a game on hype and market it like it's an open space adventure.

Eh. Honestly, there isn't much worse it could be than what we're getting. It looks pretty bad.

It looks pretty good to me. Different strokes I suppose.

wii u have the games you want to play.
so get a wii U.
should be that simple.
unless you wnt to wait 5 year to play these games in other system.(of course nx wont have the same wii U library at launch)

mZuzek said:

I don't care what you consider to be too arcadey or outdated, Star Fox 64 is one of the best games I've ever played and Star Fox Zero is looking like it's going to be a solid evolution to that. I'm sure it will be as amazing as, if not more, than SF64, and that's all I care about, because it's the first game to give that experience in almost 20 years. I love the $20 outdated arcade rail shooter.

Ever play Sin and Punishment?  It is not quite the same, but it is similar.  The first was on the N64, but there is a sequel for the Wii.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

BTW, on the point of price. Amazon is now carrying the MK8 bundle and has it discounted. So you can get the console with Mario Kart 8 (a $60 game) and all its DLC ($15 there) for $275. Pretty good ddeal, if you want one right now.

Around the Network

Well rats, that promo literally just ended :/

I'm in the same situation! Should I get a Wii U or wait for the NX? There's several games out now I'd like to play for the Wii U, but I'm also expecting a price cut sooner or later...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Buy the Wii U. Stop making assumptions about NX.

DanneSandin said:
I'm in the same situation! Should I get a Wii U or wait for the NX? There's several games out now I'd like to play for the Wii U, but I'm also expecting a price cut sooner or later...

you're certainly gonna see some good deals this christmas season whether there is a price cut or not.  I would wait for that, even if there is a $50 price cut the deals are just as good at least.  If you can keep checking for used.  I got a mario kart bundle gently used for $150 a few months ago on craigslist because i just kept looking.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
DanneSandin said:

you're certainly gonna see some good deals this christmas season whether there is a price cut or not.  I would wait for that, even if there is a $50 price cut the deals are just as good at least.  If you can keep checking for used.  I got a mario kart bundle gently used for $150 a few months ago on craigslist because i just kept looking.

I live in Sweden, and we usually don't get the same discounts as in the States, so that could be a problem of sorts...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.