By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: XB1 will win October NPD, both HW and SW (#1)

To keep it short cause mobile

The interest in November bundles will wane the effect of the price and basically transplant part of it to next month. It's basically a combination of doing a price cut and announcing a price cut happening one month after; I.e., + and -.

On top of that, even if the Halo 5 bundle keeps its current price, MS will have temporary deals on other, already cheaper bundles (it's already happening) to bring people over, and people who follow Amazon charts will not notice this

As for SW, I expect PS4 to lead sku-wise in most multiplats (including AC syndicate) but the Halo 5 total sales figures will push overall XB1 SW numbers above PS4

Around the Network

Software, yes, deffinitely. Hardware however, I'm not so sure anymore. I think it'll be close, but overall I give a slight edge to the PS4.

MS has done deals before that people that follow Amazon charts have not been able to see, but Amazon has still been correct. That said, the months still isn't halfway through yet, so the picture on Amazon could still change a lot.

I know we re not even halfways through the month but....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-10/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_videogames_pg_1?ie=UTF8&pg=1#2

18 - PlayStation 4 500GB Console - Destiny: The Taken King Limited Edition Bundle

26 - PlayStation 4 500GB Console - The Last of Us Remastered Bundle

27 - PlayStation 4 500GB Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront Console

41 - Xbox One 1TB Console - Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition Bundle

63 - PlayStation 4 1TB Console - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Limited Edition Bundle

64 - PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Bundle

100 - Xbox One 1TB Console - Madden NFL 16 Bundle

So far it seems like the PS4 has a solid lead.

Roronaa_chan said:

To keep it short cause mobile

The interest in November bundles will wane the effect of the price and basically transplant part of it to next month. It's basically a combination of doing a price cut and announcing a price cut happening one month after; I.e., + and -.

On top of that, even if the Halo 5 bundle keeps its current price, MS will have temporary deals on other, already cheaper bundles (it's already happening) to bring people over, and people who follow Amazon charts will not notice this

As for SW, I expect PS4 to lead sku-wise in most multiplats (including AC syndicate) but the Halo 5 total sales figures will push overall XB1 SW numbers above PS4

Very plausable.  At this point in time its also equally plausable that Sony takes both as well.    I think that if the Xbox One takes October, it wont be by enough to close the gap in any meaningful way... and that may be Sony's real goal [to keep any loss to a minimum.]  After all, they can make up any ground in Novemberwith the titanic levels of advertizing that COD and Star Wars will get.  Also, if Sony wins October, I think it will be because of Destiny's strong performance at the start of the month. 

JRPGfan said:
I know we re not even halfways through the month but....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-10/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_videogames_pg_1?ie=UTF8&pg=1#2

18 - PlayStation 4 500GB Console - Destiny: The Taken King Limited Edition Bundle

26 - PlayStation 4 500GB Console - The Last of Us Remastered Bundle

27 - PlayStation 4 500GB Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront Console

41 - Xbox One 1TB Console - Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition Bundle

63 - PlayStation 4 1TB Console - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Limited Edition Bundle

64 - PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Bundle

100 - Xbox One 1TB Console - Madden NFL 16 Bundle

So far it seems like the PS4 has a solid lead.

We shouldn't forget though that the SWBF and BO3 bundles don't count towards October NPD. Halo will climb until release and may even beat every PS4 bundle on Amazon.

It's not as solid as it seems.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Software Xbox Win no problem. But Hardware is looking harder and harder to predict. What seems like a sure win for Xbox One 3 weeks ago looks like a close call today.

XB1 will no doubt win software. However, PS4 seems more likely to win Oct. NPD because of its new price point.

If it doesn't, it'll be a close month either way.

Highly doubtful, looking at the Amazon Best Sellers Chart the PS4 has been well ahead of XB1 for a very long time, even before the price was cut on PS4 and about 5 PS4 games are ahead of anything on XB1 in the 2015 numbers so far.
On the Best Sellers overall The Last of Us PS4 bundle is ahead 17 places in front of the Halo 5 1tb XB1 bundle.

It's looking more and more likely that PS4 will take October by a very wide margin in both Software and Hardware sales in America.
For November, well pre-order sales for PS4 games and hardware bundles have been well ahead of anything XB1 for ages.

Looks like PS4 will have not only October, but November too, most likely December as well.

uuuhhh...it should win software, but hardware will be really close I think. The Halo 5 bundle comes out on the 20th (weird right?) so it will have some time to sell before the end of the month, it just depends on how much of a lead the PS4 can build up until then.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

To be honest, it can go both ways and wouldn't be surprised whoever take the crown for October.  Software wise, xb1 should take it.