By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Top 5 rappers of all time. (poll for GOAT)

Who is the rap GOAT? Featuring a few terrible choices

Nas 19 11.05%

Jay Z 5 2.91%

Biggie 9 5.23%

Tupac 49 28.49%

Talib Kweli 0 0%

Eminem 80 46.51%

Soulja Boy 5 2.91%

Future 1 0.58%

Drake 2 1.16%

Wiz Khalifa 2 1.16%

Total:172

I'm bored and listening to hip hop right now and am going to name my top 5 rappers of all time. I know gamers and hip hop isn't the first thing most think of but hopefully we have a few hip hops fan on here. 

Anyway. Name your top 5. The criteria should be a few different things. I'm focusing on ability/complexity of lyrics, the message, production value, and longevity. 

Anyway. Here are my top 5. Also vote for the greatest rapper in the poll😀😀

5. Kendrick Lamar - almost left him off but his mixtapes are too fantastic. Lyrically he's great. Recent albums on lowered on production in favor of the message so I can't knock him for that. Didn't love recent album though compared to his older. 

4. Lupe Fiasco - very underrated. Complex lyricist. Great production. Besides the mainstreamish Lasers, I've loved every album. Perfect skate or walking music. 

3. Eminem - not just including him because I'm white lol. First 3 albums were amazing. Lyrically, his flow was and is still very impressive. The energy he comes with is the best in the business imo. Great rapper. Still strong albeit not as strong in his 40s. 

2. Talib Kweli - completed underrated for over a decade. Half of Blackstar, Talib is probably my personal favorite rapper. Comes out with underground albums, mainstream albums, jazz themed albums, he has it out. Worked with Hi Tek also. Amazing lyricist and flow. 

1. Nas - obvious choice for me. Nas would be in my top 5 if he only released illmatic; the greatest rap album imo. Gods son, stillmatic, and It was Written however were amazing. Also his 2012 Life is Good was great and easily one of the best recent rap albums. 

Your turnnn

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Lol all mainstream rap now is garbage, i only listenen to conscious rap who have an actual message in the tracks, wheres Lord Jamar, Immortal Technique, Rakim, 2pac, Biggie, i know UK Rappers who serve more of a purpose than that list!!

uhhh idek, I'll just list the 5 I've been listening to.

Meek Mill
Kur
Future
Drake
Rowdy Rebel

lol I wouldn't say any of these artists are deep but they make some stupid fun music. Kur be on dat reel shit doe

Not really my top 5 of all time but... eh I might make another post if I think about it

If somebody could move this to the music discussion I'd appreciate it.

Apparently I'm a dumbass. Lol.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Not got going to rank them but

50 cent- cause listening to him is really chilled kind of fit a huged part of my personality.

Big Pun- This guy don't take himself to seriously I mean with a name like big pun its self explanatory. Have alot of funny lines in him lines.

Eminem- This guy love his energy and who doesn't love his song Stan.

DMX- like Eminem really have alot of energy and has a really unique voice that really fits this genre.

2pac- To this day I haven't heard a better dis track then his rap calling out biggie.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

2Pac, Biggie, Masta Ace, Eminem, Immortal Technique.

Worth mentioning Jeru The Damaja, Gangstarr.

1. Em
2. Pac
3. Nas
4. Kanye prior to his mom's death
5. Biggie

What is a rap goat?

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Eminem
Nas
Dr. Dre
Ice Cube
The Game

in no specific order. Also worth mentioning: Bubba Sparxxx, T.I., DMX, Ludacris, Mike Shinoda

Never really thought about it. I like Del, Ghostface, and ... that's all I've got right now as far as individual names.