By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What phrase are you fed up of seeing in the forums?

Tagged games:

Versus_Evil said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
Versus_Evil said:

"Permaban, alt ID of (zero999)"

Is there a comprehensive list of all zero alts ever created?

I'm genuinely curious, that would be more interesting than all the NX speculation now...even though I have a dream platform in my head.

Would be interesting to get the actu.. Current number on how many alts hes made, but im not even sure i have a computer powerful  enough to load that list.

There should be a good few thousand of them. As much as I'd like to think otherwise, there are actually spammers and actual users who get permabanned - by request or otherwise.

But, I know people who load databases greater than a gigabyte in size - surely a few thousand entries wouldn't reach a gigabyte?

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Also "Nikkom is funnier than badgenome", that is bullshit! Everyone knows Ninpie is.

hey.. I only get that by default cause badgenome is gone, taken away for his hair transplant not knowing when he'll be back..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

spemanig said:
SWORDF1SH said:

The problem is that you put your opinion across as fact. Something you later clarified it was your opinion.

This is what I'm talking about. No, he didn't. You just read his opinion incorrectly. He didn't need to clarify anything. The way he structured his statement and the context in which he stated it was enough for anyone to be able to reasonably deduce that it was an opinion of his. There is absolutely no circumstance what-so-ever where the sentence "the PS4 only has one decent exclusive so far this year" could ever be anything other than an opinion, so there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that it should ever be misinterpreted as being a fact  or "stated as a fact" outside of a literal lack of understanding from the reader on what does and does not constitute as an opinion.

I didn't read it incorrectly.

-"the PS4 only has one decent exclusive so far this year" could ever be anything other than an opinion-

This is where you are wrong. He could of used Metacritic to make that statement. This is why I pushed it to see if he was doing what he stated he hated in his first post.

spemanig said:

This is what I'm talking about. No, he didn't. You just read his opinion incorrectly. He didn't need to clarify anything. The way he structured his statement and the context in which he stated it was enough for anyone to be able to reasonably deduce that it was an opinion of his. There is absolutely no circumstance what-so-ever where the sentence "the PS4 only has one decent exclusive so far this year" could ever be anything other than an opinion, so there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that it should ever be misinterpreted as being a fact  or "stated as a fact" outside of a literal lack of understanding from the reader on what does and does not constitute as an opinion.

Because it can be safely assumed that anyone participating in these forums is old enough to have been taught the meaning and application of an opinion, as well as being intelligent enough to remember that meaning and those applications, it is solely the responsibility of the reader to understand and make that distinction for themselves. It is absolutely not the responsibility of the writer to clarify whether what he or she said was his or her opinion, especially if it only means being unnecessarily redundant. 

Comments from people with their head firmly up their own bottom.

Get the lube guys. This one is firmly wedged!

Mod edit:

User was moderated for this post.

-Veknoid_Outcast

Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical. Debates never freaking end. One side or the other is constantly being insulted. No one really likes suggesting a 3rd option. BOTH are just used.

Around the Network

When people use "fact!" when talking about the future. That really pisses me off, even in obvious cases where it is most probable to happen i.e. Call of Duty will sell more than Uncharted. Fact! but when it's something that is entirely opinion or not even super likely, that really irks me. The next Halo/Mario/TLOU will be the greatest game of the generation. Fact!

archer9234 said:

Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical, Digital, physical. Debates never freaking end. One side or the other is constantly being insulted. No one really likes suggesting a 3rd option. BOTH are just used.

I'm very guilty of this.

If I pissed you off, know this:

I love you. :^)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Terms like "obviously" "apparently" and "literally"

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

A few years back there was a fad on the forums of 'calling bullshit.'

Roughly translated, it meant 'I really don't like this at all, but I can present no evidence that suggests its untrue.'

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

SWORDF1SH said:
spemanig said:

I didn't read it incorrectly.

-"the PS4 only has one decent exclusive so far this year" could ever be anything other than an opinion-

This is where you are wrong. He could of used Metacritic to make that statement. This is why I pushed it to see if he was doing what he stated he hated in his first post.

No, this is where you prove you're misunderstanding of what an opinion is. Using Metacritic, a website dedicated to averaging out the  numerical opinions on specific games, to make or back up that statement wouldn't somehow make it not an opinion. He didn't state his opinion as a fact, you incorrectly read it as one. That's your fault, not his.