By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I'm Not Scared Of Scary Movies: Help Me

I don't mean to overhype the Alien movies, but suspension of disbelief might not be an issue with these movies. The reason I say this is because of how impressively unique and well..Alien the xenomorphs are. At the very least they will entertain you...if you're ok with the first movie's slow start. It builds well.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

When I play a game like Amnesia I'm also not scared the first minutes since I'm still like "I look on a screen" but when I start to forget this and am deeply involved in the game with my mind then it starts to be scary

This. When I was first playing it, I would go into every Anmesia session with all the courage in the world.  But after about 10 minutes of that crushing atmosphere, it's hard to maintain that rationality.  Playing on a larger monitor while wearing headphones greatly increases this.  The sound design in the Amnesia games (and Penumbra and SOMA) are bloody brilliant.  You might not even experience anything truly scary and still you don't want to continue.  That's the mark of some good scary game design.

I was never a fan of scary movies, for the most part.  One or two here and there.  But generally, I like to get my horror fix from really good scary games. The level of immersion has the potential to be much greater, and I find it easier to suspend disbelief.

ReimTime said:

This is a last resort!

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░░░
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░░░ U HAVE BEEN SPOOKED BY THE
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░░░
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░░░ SPOOKY SKILENTON
░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░░░
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░ SEND THIS TO 4 PPL OR SKELINTONS WILL EAT YOU

Not bad, not bad at all -_-, the drawing I meant.

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Ljink96 said:

So, whenever my friends/family want to watch a scary movie I'm never scared. Everyone else is tense or they get scared by some stupid monster that just "appears". I just don't find them scary at all. Is there something wrong with me? Name me some scary movies that might scare me but be warned, I probably won't be scared.

Did you geta chance to see the first two Alien movies yet?  

I watched the first one and it actually reminded me a lot of Metroid for some odd reason. Metroid does have an eerie atmosphere but not to the point where it scares me. I'll watch the second one over the weekend. In short, I have yet to be spooked. The actual creature thingies were creepy. Overally, it was more of a thriller than anything else to me. Great film though! Thanks for the recommendation.

Ljink96 said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Ljink96 said:

So, whenever my friends/family want to watch a scary movie I'm never scared. Everyone else is tense or they get scared by some stupid monster that just "appears". I just don't find them scary at all. Is there something wrong with me? Name me some scary movies that might scare me but be warned, I probably won't be scared.

I watched the first one and it actually reminded me a lot of Metroid for some odd reason. Metroid does have an eerie atmosphere but not to the point where it scares me. I'll watch the second one over the weekend. In short, I have yet to be spooked. The actual creature thingies were creepy. Overally, it was more of a thriller than anything else to me. Great film though! Thanks for the recommendation.

Sure thing buddy. Hey did you see Alien in Blu Ray or one of the collector's editions?

Aliens imo is less scary but it is much more entertaining.  You won't be scared by this movie, maybe intrigued with goosebumbs in some scenes but if you thought Alien was great, you're going to love one of the greatest science fiction movies of all time.  I'm not kidding :)

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Ljink96 said:

Oh yeah forgot to mention.  Metroid was indeed influenced by Alien and RIDLEY Scott was the director of the movie. 

Contra almost completely rips off the Alien movies.

Lube Me Up

Ljink96 said:

You get a chance to see Aliens yet?

Lube Me Up

Check out older films that dont use the loud-noise-jumpscare.

The exorcist is really good as a movie, Rosemary's Baby too. Also Dracula from 94 was really good from what I remember.

I dont get scared anymore (Suddenly it became a lot less likely when I stopped believing in god at 14 haha) and Ive watched those type of movies since like 12 or something but I can still enojoy them.

Most movies in the genre suck hard, but there are some gems that at least will get you to enjoy the setting or story

I like my good horror movies and love a well done survival horror game BUT I never get scared from either of them because I KNOW that they are fake. I don't understand how people get scared. I actually can't help myself from laughing my ass off in a theater when people get scared.