By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The fall of The Daily Show

Do you like Trevor Noah as the new host?

Yes 29 28.16%

No 32 31.07%

Don't watch The Daily Show 42 40.78%

Total:103

Noah's delivery is weak, but I get how many are saying he needs time to figure it out.

For me Stewart and Colbert left a big whole. Least half the Bugle guys live on in Oliver and his show is amazing.

Around the Network

Until Noah realize that following the trail of Jon Stewart isn't going to put him anywhere, yes. Show is going to be bad.

Jon Stewart was best in the business at doing what he was doing, so was Colbert. Noah will eventually find his style. I'm willing to wait.

Good gosh, it's Larry Wilmore. You could at least learn his proper name, especially after it's been typed in your own thread.

burninmylight said:
Good gosh, it's Larry Wilmore. You could at least learn his proper name, especially after it's been typed in your own thread.

Well he did just try to fill a spot and he will soon lose his show.  I don't know anyone that watches him and I doubt many Colbert followers even care about his show.  So he filled a spot temporary.  I've corrected his name.

d21lewis said:

*shrugs*

Don't worry. After convincing me to buy The Letter for WiiU, my opinion of you will never be good.  But you're still the same Seth we've always loved. Nothing's gonna change that.

I believe you are confusing me with Spurge on The Letter.  They need to bring back In Living Color so I can get back to my roots.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
d21lewis said:

*shrugs*

Don't worry. After convincing me to buy The Letter for WiiU, my opinion of you will never be good.  But you're still the same Seth we've always loved. Nothing's gonna change that.

I believe you are confusing me with Spurge on The Letter.  They need to bring back In Living Color so I can get back to my roots.

It's nice to agree on something. Thought you didn't like black comedians though.

I was never a big fan of TDS to be honest because although Jon Stewart was a good host and pretty funny & likeable guy, the show was always slanted towards the liberal / Democratic point of view, as are just about all cable political news shows like Bill Maher and John Oliver's shows. But at least in Maher's case, he's honest and open where he stands on just about every issue and will occasionally break with the rank and file on the left, and he doesn't act like a SJW crusader and pretend the purpose of his show is about some greater good of calling out the so-called "bullshit" and fighting for the truth like TDS has become under Trevor Noah.

I saw the first couple of episodes of TDS as well as some online clips with Noah as host, and that was all I needed to see... he's a wet dream for the SJW crowd that makes up a large part of TDS's audience, and for that reason alone he'll be successful.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

d21lewis said:
You young whippersnapper! Back in MY day, the Daily Show was hosted by Craig Kilborn (who went on to host a late night show) and we didn't think John Stewart would be able to carry on the legacy.

Some things never change.

I remember watching this guy named Letterman when I was a kid and I stayed home from school with the Chicken Pox or something.  He had a day-time talk show.  I thought it was awful and that Letterman was boring as unbuttered toast.  It went like 3 months before being axed due to low ratings.

Several years later and I thought he was the best thing on TV.