By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SMT x FE receives two new and way better trailers, shows the story has a dark side

Skullwaker said:

There are several broad swords, yes. Some characters that have these include:

Awakening - Flavia, Morgan, Gaius

Shadow Dragon - Nabarl, Marth, Oguma (this guy had the biggest sword out of anyone I saw)

Here's a pic of Oguma for reference:

Marth is pretty popular. I can see him getting Marth.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Why "better"? It's the same stuff as ever : girls, kawaii voices, songs, sexy clothing and slice of life (all the goods things in fact) . There just happen to be some demons in the middle.

Yeah, all those things do sound pretty great ; ) With Demons too? Even better...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

spemanig said:

So looking at the trailer again, I just noticed something massive.

Remember in the first trailer when Itsuki attacks the cloaked man with that ball of light?

That man is Chrom. In this trailer, more of that scene is revealed, and his cloak starts to disintegrate, revealing what is clearly Mirage Chrom's armor. Also, you can see him try to attack Itsuki with his sword arm. I always thought it was him since the first trailer because of his eyes, but this confirms it. This means that the figures in cloaks could all be mirages/"demon's" from Fire Emblem.

Watching it again with this in mind, you can tell that the woman choking Tsubasa is also a Mirage. Tsubasa's mirage, Caeda. You can see by her hand that she has the same exact armored gauntlet. Since this is presumably the beginning of the game, this is likely where they first meet.

Watching the trailer more, the ball of light that Itsuki uses to attack Chrom shines in just chest, then Tsubasa narrates the word "Performa," and then it cuts again to Itsuki finally slamming Chrom with this ball of light. This makes it obvious that this ball of light is Performa, and that Itsuki uses it to form a connection with Chrom. We see that Tsubasa also has an immense light glowing from her chest in the same scene. Since both Chrom and Caeda are shown later on friendly, but clearly in the same area, it's safe to assume that both Itsuki and Tsubasa "purify" their mirages and awaken their Performa at the same time, during this whole ordeal.

Itsuki awakens his first though, as there is a scene with a purified Chrom, but Tsubasa is still being choked in the background by the cloaked Caeda. I assume he purifies Chrom with his performa, they fend off some of the monsters in the hoods, and then Tsubasa awakens her performa and purifies Caeda.

Strangely enough, it is in this room that they first enter their Carnage forms in this room, as the trailer shows them both in this room getting ready to fend off more enemies.

Also, the guy in the yellow suit interviewing Tsubasa right before things go to shit is this guy:

Which probably means he's the first boss of the game after you purify Chrom and Caeda.. It also probably means that the demons or whatever can corrupt human beings and even turn them into monsters. Assumedly if their performa isn't powerful enough to protect them.

Holy crap. :D

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

spemanig said:
Skullwaker said:

There are several broad swords, yes. Some characters that have these include:

Awakening - Flavia, Morgan, Gaius

Shadow Dragon - Nabarl, Marth, Oguma (this guy had the biggest sword out of anyone I saw)

Here's a pic of Oguma for reference:

Marth is pretty popular. I can see him getting Marth.

With Shiida and Chrom being main characters I see Marth and Lucina being last bosses/secret bosses . 

The class symbol looks like mercenary/hero , I would say it is Ogma too .

HugoSF said:

With Shiida and Chrom being main characters I see Marth and Lucina being last bosses/secret bosses . 

The class symbol looks like mercenary/hero , I would say it is Ogma too .

You'd know better than me.

Around the Network

I'm the only one who does not like toxic green theme? It doesn't fit to anything in the game.

spemanig said:

So looking at the trailer again, I just noticed something massive.

Remember in the first trailer when Itsuki attacks the cloaked man with that ball of light?

That man is Chrom. In this trailer, more of that scene is revealed, and his cloak starts to disintegrate, revealing what is clearly Mirage Chrom's armor. Also, you can see him try to attack Itsuki with his sword arm. I always thought it was him since the first trailer because of his eyes, but this confirms it. This means that the figures in cloaks could all be mirages/"demon's" from Fire Emblem.

Watching it again with this in mind, you can tell that the woman choking Tsubasa is also a Mirage. Tsubasa's mirage, Caeda. You can see by her hand that she has the same exact armored gauntlet. Since this is presumably the beginning of the game, this is likely where they first meet.

Watching the trailer more, the ball of light that Itsuki uses to attack Chrom shines in just chest, then Tsubasa narrates the word "Performa," and then it cuts again to Itsuki finally slamming Chrom with this ball of light. This makes it obvious that this ball of light is Performa, and that Itsuki uses it to form a connection with Chrom. We see that Tsubasa also has an immense light glowing from her chest in the same scene. Since both Chrom and Caeda are shown later on friendly, but clearly in the same area, it's safe to assume that both Itsuki and Tsubasa "purify" their mirages and awaken their Performa at the same time, during this whole ordeal.

Itsuki awakens his first though, as there is a scene with a purified Chrom, but Tsubasa is still being choked in the background by the cloaked Caeda. I assume he purifies Chrom with his performa, they fend off some of the monsters in the hoods, and then Tsubasa awakens her performa and purifies Caeda.

Strangely enough, it is in this room that they first enter their Carnage forms in this room, as the trailer shows them both in this room getting ready to fend off more enemies.

Also, the guy in the yellow suit interviewing Tsubasa right before things go to shit is this guy:

Which probably means he's the first boss of the game after you purify Chrom and Caeda.. It also probably means that the demons or whatever can corrupt human beings and even turn them into monsters. Assumedly if their performa isn't powerful enough to protect them.

So... Pretty much like Persona 4 then? 

In P4, they have to fight and then purify/accept their shadow to turn it into their persona. And then they use these personas to fight. And people without personas (or too weak personas) die in the shadow world... 

Nothing surprising if you consider this game like Persona (Idol Edition) with Fire Emblem personas. 

Only new thing I got out both of the trailers is that at one point we will see a mid air Bro fist of epic proportions.

That being said, despite its more light hearted theme then the usual SMT, FE and even Persona games, I am really interested in this game.

Having never played the Persona games (only game in the series/universe I've played is SMT IV), I can't really get excited till I see more gameplay. The Fire Emblem influence seems pretty limited thus far.

JWeinCom said:
Having never played the Persona games (only game in the series/universe I've played is SMT IV), I can't really get excited till I see more gameplay. The Fire Emblem influence seems pretty limited thus far.

Did you watch the Treehouse footage from E3?  If not, I advise doing so as it shows the gameplay in much more detail.  If so, then you know what we all know.  Although these new videos seem to suggest there are multiple different, powerful special attacks you can pull off with your Mirage.  Maybe the Mirage attacks get stronger as you go (hence the new ones).  Also, we do see in the Itsuki trailer that In addition to Session attacks there seems to be some attacks where your character works in conjunction with a part or whole of the team in a sort of chain attack?  Cause there's that sequence where Itsuki starts prepping for a big attack, calls out to his team and then they all strike in rapid succession before he unleashes his attack.  Other than that, no real new gameplay to see here.