By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread: Releases This Month! New Trailers!

Are you picking up the game?

Yep, got the special edition pre-ordered! 5 45.45%

Yep, got the regular edition pre-ordered! 2 18.18%

I'll get it at launch 0 0%

I'll get it eventually 3 27.27%

I won't be picking it up 0 0%

Show results 1 9.09%

Total:11
Bofferbrauer said:
I can see Tiki, but there's no mention about her Mirage. It could possibly be Myrrh (that's the name of the character from sacred Stones I was actually looking for) since both have some visible semblance - that is, if a vocaloid charackter can have a mirage in the first place.

I don't think she has a mirage, mostly considering she's a vocaloid and she's also a Fire Emblem character, so for her to have a mirage that's also a Fire Emblem character would basically go against the plot.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Two new trailers up! These offer a stark contrast to the bubblegum pop of the previous two, with more of a focus on the dark side as well as the story.

Furthermore, the first trailer also features the debut single of the game, which will be released in Japan sometime in the future to promote the game!

Thread looks pretty great I've gotta say. Excellent work! Though it does just show how little I know about the game so far...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Skullwaker said:

If we do, I haven't seen it.

Even so, putting this in the Fire Emblem thread would be along the lines of dumping Persona 5 in a hypothetical Shin Megami Tensei thread. Technically they fall under the same umbrella, but to associate them that closely would be essentially ignoring the many differences they have. The team at Atlus have basically said this is a brand new thing.

Less so. It would be like dumping Kingdom Hearts into a Final Fantasy thread. Their right. This game is its own IP closely related to both SMT and FE, and should be treated as such.

spemanig said:
Less so. It would be like dumping Kingdom Hearts into a Final Fantasy thread. Their right. This game is its own IP closely related to both SMT and FE, and should be treated as such.

Exactly. It's literally a crossover in the same sense that Kingdom Hearts is, and it should have been evident ever since they revealed the new name. I think the fact that it's basically a new IP is quite exciting, as we could get a whole new franchise out of this (whereas most traditional crossovers lose steam after the first game).

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:

Exactly. It's literally a crossover in the same sense that Kingdom Hearts is, and it should have been evident ever since they revealed the new name. I think the fact that it's basically a new IP is quite exciting, as we could get a whole new franchise out of this (whereas most traditional crossovers lose steam after the first game).

Let's hope it's good enough to merit its own long-running franchise.

And let's hope it gets a better name when it's localized. The series is obviously largely inspired by Persona. Why not call this Genei Ibun Roku: Performa or simply Performa to reference that major part of the game? Then they can just name the sequels Performa 2, Performa 3, etc. I can imagine the Performa vs. Persona threads now...

Whatever it is, get rid of the #FE. The #FE kills me.

spemanig said:
Let's hope it's good enough to merit its own long-running franchise.

And let's hope it gets a better name when it's localized. The series is obviously largely inspired by Persona. Why not call this Genei Ibun Roku: Performa or simply Performa to reference that major part of the game? Then they can just name the sequels Performa 2, Performa 3, etc. I can imagine the Performa vs. Persona threads now...

Whatever it is, get rid of the #FE. The #FE kills me.

I'm certain it will be good. I'm just not certain of its sales potential, and I fear that it may not sell well enough to warrant sequels.

Then again, this is Atlus we're talking about. The same company that has continued to make SMT games for decades, despite the fact that none of them have sold over a million (including all of the spinoffs), and most sell under 500k. And then there's the EO series, which is in worse shape. They're practically Niche: The Company, so I guess I shouldn't be worried as Nintendo and them likely have reasonable expectations.

I'm thinking they'll just settle with calling it Illusory Revelations and call it a day. Maybe a FE reference thrown in for marketing. And aw, I kinda like the #FE. Well, I do after learning why it's called that, at least. But I'm pretty sure they won't be keeping that for the western name anyways.

Skullwaker said:

I'm certain it will be good. I'm just not certain of its sales potential, and I fear that it may not sell well enough to warrant sequels.

Then again, this is Atlus we're talking about. The same company that has continued to make SMT games for decades, despite the fact that none of them have sold over a million (including all of the spinoffs), and most sell under 500k. And then there's the EO series, which is in worse shape. They're practically Niche: The Company, so I guess I shouldn't be worried as Nintendo and them likely have reasonable expectations.

I'm thinking they'll just settle with calling it Illusory Revelations and call it a day. Maybe a FE reference thrown in for marketing. And aw, I kinda like the #FE. Well, I do after learning why it's called that, at least. But I'm pretty sure they won't be keeping that for the western name anyways.

I don't think so. Persona's original title was Revalations: Persona, and that didn't stick. I think Performa's a much more marketable name than something as nonsensical sounding as Illusory Revalations.

Then again, Shin Megami Tensei. And Bravely Default. And Kingdom Hearts.

...We'll see.

spemanig said:
I don't think so. Persona's original title was Revalations: Persona, and that didn't stick. I think Performa's a much more marketable name than something as nonsensical sounding as Illusory Revalations.

Then again, Shin Megami Tensei. And Bravely Default. And Kingdom Hearts.

...We'll see.

Performa is a fantastic title, I must concede.

Either way, I'm eager to see what Atlus decides on. I hope they give us a final title in the next direct or something, so I can change the name of the thread.

Skullwaker said:

Performa is a fantastic title, I must concede.

Either way, I'm eager to see what Atlus decides on. I hope they give us a final title in the next direct or something, so I can change the name of the thread.

I hope we get another direct sooner rather than later...